My White JKU Expedition Build

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I was quoted $725 with them prepping and tearing down. $525 if I do it. That is worth it to me!! It was the best mod I ever did for my TJ. I have an Australian Shepard and he sheds like crazy especially in the spring.

That doesn't sound unreasonable. I could justify that I think, I really liked the spray in with my buddy's TJ as well but line-x should be a lot more durable. I think once I modify some other things down the road I might reconsider doing this, as well as having a custom drawer setup and some other things sprayed. Definitely post some pictures once you're done!

DallasJKU

Adventurer
That doesn't sound unreasonable. I could justify that I think, I really liked the spray in with my buddy's TJ as well but line-x should be a lot more durable. I think once I modify some other things down the road I might reconsider doing this, as well as having a custom drawer setup and some other things sprayed. Definitely post some pictures once you're done!

LineX is plenty strong enough for my needs. I mainly do it so its easy to clean out and keep the dog fur at bay. It has a nationwide lifetime guaranty so that's a little piece of mind. I will post pics when done.

Last edited:

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I just added my black Jeep emblem, JKS front TB and Trek Armor rear seat covers. I decided to hold off on my LineX until it gets warmer and I have more time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364179731.114985.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I also found a squeak in the rear that has been alluding me for a couple months. It was the U-bolts in the rear. I checked them a couple times but they really needed a little more torque. Feels like a new Jeep!!

08Silverado

Adventurer
I'm liking your build! I also drive a 2012 jk! BTW I'm in Mckinney so it's nice to see a local guy here. What was the reasoning behind going with the JKS torsion bar? What is it supposed to give you that the factory torsion bar doesn't?

08Silverado

Adventurer
Well I was curious enough to read for myself! I looked at JKS' website and read up on the track bar that you installed. It makes sense now! I'm running a 3" BDS lift on mine and now I'm wondering if I have an adjustable track bar. Back to reading I go.

Ramjet

Explorer
I'm always amazed at what you can do with a Jeep JKU. Nice build. Can't wait to see what the Line-X looks like.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I'm liking your build! I also drive a 2012 jk! BTW I'm in Mckinney so it's nice to see a local guy here. What was the reasoning behind going with the JKS torsion bar? What is it supposed to give you that the factory torsion bar doesn't?

Basically to center the axle. So far it is stiffer than stock. My axle is centered, but I need to put a few more miles on it to determine if its better.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just received my rear/side window Safari Straps. My ORH soft top should be here next week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365135324.498742.jpg

Last edited:

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Just received my Spiderweb shade. This week the ORH top should be here and 80* on Sunday so I will install all of them. My summer/dry weather set-up will be JKini for front section, ORH middle section for the dog and Safari Straps for the rear. I hope I thought this through and it will work together.

Last edited:

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I decided to keep my hard top and sell my ORH fast back top. I also decided to move into a new apartment with my own garage so I will rig a hoist or something for the HT. It was a really cool top, but for long trips the noise would have bugged me. So I installed my Safari Straps and Spiderweb Shade.

Last edited:

DallasJKU

Adventurer
If you plan on doing long road trips I would think twice about selling your hardtop. The rag tops are super noisy, and offer zero security. I'm sure you know this, but I actually had to look hard for a hardtop only Rubicon. I see soft tops going for $2-300 in new condition on Craigslist. I assume you will do gears when you go to 37s?

I'm so glad I kept my hardtop. Pretty easy to remove actually and much less noise. Thanks guys for suggesting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater