Need help: Which trailer works best for us?

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I have never cared about color and kind of like the crazy shape of the Kimberly s. They look aero.
But coming from an old hippie that Orange is not appealing. Can you order one w/o Orange?

Treefarmer

I have never cared about color and kind of like the crazy shape of the Kimberly s. They look aero.
But coming from an old hippie that Orange is not appealing. Can you order one w/o Orange?
If you could order it in a different color and smaller/fewer windows, we'd probably own one. We'd figure out ways to make it more cold hardy.

rehammer81

Did anyone here check out the Kingdom Camping trailers at the Expo in Loveland? They seen to know how to build the right way.
I'm am also curious about the Kingdom. Sounds too good to be true at the price point he's advertising with the construction and features. Info gets posted very sporadically from them. I'd love to hear more from someone that went to the Expo and spoke with them.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

We feel your pain and are potentially in the same boat. We're intrigued by the X195 and the RKS Motive, but may just a likely end up with an Ember, especially if they can fix their problem with low CCC on the four wheel models.

This is what's going to happen. RoA is going to sell several x 145 at 150k to thier cool aid drinking Roamer s before said Roamers even know the details of the build. Then they will say we are sold out and new orders are even more. This will cause all other proud American and Canadian craft off road builders to say hey our trailers are as good as the Xplores so if they are worth 150k then ours are worth that much as well. This will force sensible beer drinking buyers to seek Embers and other mass produced trailers. It's a visious cycle. Or I could be way off base and wrong

I'm am also curious about the Kingdom. Sounds too good to be true at the price point he's advertising with the construction and features. Info gets posted very sporadically from them. I'd love to hear more from someone that went to the Expo and spoke with them.

I have a good feeling about Jamin. I believe he and his company are in a position to really compete with you know who

rehammer81

I have a good feeling about Jamin. I believe he and his company are in a position to really compete with you know who
If he can build a trailer with the quality he is describing so far and sell near the price he is advertising then I have a feeling he won't be able to build them fast enough. It will be the Goldilocks trailer. I mean, if Ember can up the QC and workout some kinks, there could be pretty good bang for the buck there.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
This is what's going to happen. RoA is going to sell several x 145 at 150k to thier cool aid drinking Roamer s before said Roamers even know the details of the build. Then they will say we are sold out and new orders are even more. This will cause all other proud American and Canadian craft off road builders to say hey our trailers are as good as the Xplores so if they are worth 150k then ours are worth that much as well. This will force sensible beer drinking buyers to seek Embers and other mass produced trailers. It's a visious cycle. Or I could be way off base and wrong

Sort of. I’m convinced there are only a small number of hype buyers out there most are using money that isn’t theirs. RV sales has been in a tail spin for a while now. Taxa just sent a factory email $2000 Manufacturers rebate on Mantis and lower rebates on other trailers. They even say its to try and shed inventory before next yrs models show up.

BC builder Escape trailers lots if people have dropped their orders as people who were in line for 2023 delivery are getting them now.

2nd house ie vacation home locations definitely are dead right now. Though most sellers like RV dealers are trying to out wait the dead market vs reduce prices.

Another added factor for me and a few dads its now near impossible to book anything within 8 hours unless we setup a bot farm for opening day when new slots are released. Forget that… We all have shifted to vacation rentals and honestly its been great and way easier.
Boondocking? Mehh we had our own hot tub and mt bike through boon docking areas 4th July week. No thanks… Looked like a flea market in the woods

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Oh, and a fourth option you should look at is the Winnebago Micro Minnie series: https://www.winnebago.com/models/product/towables/travel-trailer/micro-minnie?floorplans=true. As with others, size and weight will be outside of your boundaries, but they have layouts which are quite nice for a family of your size, while still being in a somewhat small package. Build quality will be inline with most mass-produced North American trailers (maybe a bit better than average, depending on who you ask), but they have their appeal, too.
Family of 4 here + dog. Funny you mention that line. I keep going back to the Minnie 2301 to replace our current trailer.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Family of 4 here + dog. Funny you mention that line. I keep going back to the Minnie 2301 to replace our current trailer.

They seem to have lots of nice, family-friendly options. At least their layouts are practical in their smaller sized-trailers, which is more than I can say for many other mainstream manufacturers. And they're finished to be reasonably modern.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I do like that a lot better. When we talked to David Bates about a T3, he said the color couldn't be changed. That was nine months ago. Maybe the "retro package" wasn't available to the US market back then.
Its was no extra charge, and he told me no problem. Then the wife found out and said no way, I want the orange stripes.

billiebob

For folks who have a high budget God bless and go for it.

If not this is price gouging and Out of hand.
yes and no.... the past 3 years have been hell on every business, finding materials delivered timely is not a reality yet, finding staff willing to work on a production floor is difficult too. Add in the costs of doing business when so much of what you need is volatile and the sky is the limit on finding the correct retail price.

Guys capable if managing those difficulties are earning every penny. Heck the shortage of new cars is driving up the price of everything used.

yes and no.... the past 3 years have been hell on every business, finding materials delivered timely is not a reality yet, finding staff willing to work on a production floor is difficult too. Add in the costs of doing business when so much of what you need is volatile and the sky is the limit on finding the correct retail price.

Guys capable if managing those difficulties are earning every penny. Heck the shortage of new cars is driving up the price of everything used.

Yes I understand but these guys a capitalizing on these issues and going to far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven