New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

dreadlocks

lol that Cayenne on air will pull that airstream better than any domestic truck.. I know because I tow a 7klb trailer with a diesel engine on that same platform and its a ************** dream, Ive towed with domestics, hundreds of thousands of miles, and that lil German SUV whops the crap outta em.. Its got 100x more brakes than any truck, and more power to boot.

IMG_20200620_162224.jpg

DieselRanger

I expected the defender to be more capable of than the previous version, and to compete well with the larger sized Jeeps. LR has already turned the Disco into a crossover, they didn't need to ruin this as well.
What have you seen that shows that the new Defender isn't more capable off the lot than the old one? What have you seen that proves the new Defender can't compete well with "larger sized jeeps," whatever those are?

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Pretty safe bet at this point. But I'll gladly retract my opinion if it's so.

One good gust and that SWB Porsche is toast.

dreadlocks

One good gust and that SWB Porsche is toast.

You have zero idea ****** your talking about, I dont even use sway bars or WD, cuz you know air suspension is better than that garbage and I've never had a white knuckle experience driving across Kansas with massive sidewinds.. that airstream wont budge that 5klb suv doing 70mph, there's a whole cottage industry for airstream owners using this platform to tow with.. there is a company called CanAm in Canada that modifies em with extra support and bumps the towing capacity up to 10klb and the've had hundreds of happy customers towing the bigger airstreams all over the world.

dreadlocks

That Cayenne is a better tow vehicle than anything you've been behind the wheel of I have to conclude given your abundance ignorance.

dreadlocks

Likewise, sucks your pickups are such garbage you gotta buy the biggest one they make to actually tow comfortably, but thats what you get when you drive huge pieces of ******** that are not even very good at what everyone thinks they are built for.

all you guys with your underpowered domestics rocking $40 2 piston chinesium brake calipers on a garbage suspension have good reason to fear big loads, wish that junk didnt drive by me either.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Ok, well I'm just going to use the ignore function on you, since I have nothing to learn from someone that selfish. Hopefully you don't kill any one with the ''little car, giant trailer'' advice.

Everyone says ''Oh, yeah. Tows like a dream.''

Of course later on, it's: ''Save me, please save me''. I see a dozen like those every week, and they ain't towing well at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal