New finch shell

NYCO

Adventurer
Picked this up today from the new dealer Chris down in Denver. Only options I got were arctic pack, wired for battery, and jacks.

It only dropped the rear end less than 2 inches which is cool. The cabover is just high enough that my sunroof can go in the up position, and maybe it will act as a fairing.

DSC_0273.JPGDSC_0274.JPG

It's the exact width of 2 action packers.
DSC_0276.JPGDSC_0277.JPGDSC_0279.JPG

ExpoMike

Looks great! Congrats.

Curious question though, is the mounting setup an approved FWC setup? My understanding is the jack point are NOT to be used as tie down points. Unless you have talked to FWC directly, I would not trust what anyone else says. Someone on here had issues with pulling the jack mounts out. Just want to save you some heart ache, just in case.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Nice,
It is hard to get an idea of what these shells/campers look like on the v bed/short bed trucks...thanks for posting some simple pictures...
Only 2 inches of sag is impressive...are those stock springs...??? My stock springs could hardly take 300 lbs of camping gear.

NYCO

Adventurer
It's old man emu front and rear suspension. I normally drive around with a 200 lb topper + 200lbs of sand in the bed + tailgate 35lbs, so really it's not that much more weight with the empty shell (unloaded).

JBahr

Okay, cool. Just worried as I think it was on WTW that someone was having issues with the mounts pulling out after a year or so.

I think the issue you are referring to was on a hard top model. It has been addressed and corrected. Never an issue with the pop-ups.

Holaday

I'm planning on having an Ocelot shell made and was wondering what the benefits of a wave heater vs furnace are? Thanks Blair

agerb

Observer
Nice, I am looking at the very same setup for my same truck. I am still on the stock suspension. What are the specifics of your OME setup? 885/886? and prior to the shell was your truck running with some rake? it looks quite level now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3