New horse in the stable

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
Why did you go with another 80? Your green one was the nicest around, but didn't work for pulling the Kimberly. What changed?

I can't wait to see what you do with this one!

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Well, I'm disappointed that I couldn't sway you over to the dark side, but I have to admit, there's a 40th anniv at my work that I ogle almost daily. Maybe you should lower this one, and put all carbon fiber panels on it!:hehe: :hehe:

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Great buy. Was the plan the entire time to go back out and buy another 80?

Not at first... but after trying to find something else I just realized that Land Cruisers are tough. Last winter I pulled, yanked, towed, winched, and bounced repeatedly off the rev limiter while out wheeling in the snow with a local Toyota club. I still chuckle remembering the look on their faces when I snatched the first truck out of the snow, locked at both ends and motor screaming at 5 grand!!! Yes I am just a little biased about the 80.

I tried to go with an IFS truck, and just couldn't do it. I looked at a few trucks,

D90 - Awesome, just hard to get a feel for cost vs. condition via the internet.

100 series - Really like them, just too big, sluggish feel, and IFS.

Tacoma - Liked everything except the IFS, however it's better than tortion bars...

200 series - Holy cost Batman!!! No chance in H#^l (not really a consideration, got to get up close to one being built at Slee's)

FJ 55 - Almost pulled the trigger on one from Cali, just not enough replacement parts out there.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Darryl, congrats!
She is purrrty...

Nice find at 88k too. Great vehicle to start off with.

Now can you convince Slee to make some "lightweight" bumpers.

Brian894x4

Explorer
Weight is one of the reasons, I'm hesitant to go with full blown sliders and a fancy Slee rear bumper/tire carrier.

....ok, ok....cost is really the factor.

But "weight" makes me feel better about it. :D

Sgt Grunt

Adventurer
Brian894x4 said:
Weight is one of the reasons, I'm hesitant to go with full blown sliders and a fancy Slee rear bumper/tire carrier.

....ok, ok....cost is really the factor.

But "weight" makes me feel better about it. :D

That's good!!! :iagree: I am not planning to run bumpers for a while, we'll see how long that lasts...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater