New Jurgens off-road Camper Trailers!! Let's have some input....

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Considering the production schedules you have to work around, it might be a good idea to bring in just a couple "teasers" in the fall, gauge interest, and get more at the end of the year, or early next year.
People would buy them and start to get ready for the spring/summer season. ;)

I hope you do well with these trailers, there's currently a gap in the market that these (especially the Xplorer models) will fill nicely.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Considering the production schedules you have to work around, it might be a good idea to bring in just a couple "teasers" in the fall, gauge interest, and get more at the end of the year, or early next year.
People would buy them and start to get ready for the spring/summer season. ;)

I hope you do well with these trailers, there's currently a gap in the market that these (especially the Xplorer models) will fill nicely.
A man who thinks like we do! We're planning to have a couple of models at OvEx 2011! Come have a beer with us! Everyone's invited.:iagree:

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
I would like to know more about the Explorer. Floor plan, size, weight, and price. Looks promising! :sombrero:

Here are some specs.

Attachments

• Jurgens Safari Flyer 1.jpg
    Jurgens Safari Flyer 1.jpg
    890.7 KB · Views: 377
  • Jurgens Safari Flyer 2.jpg
    Jurgens Safari Flyer 2.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 348

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
You can search them on this SA forum to learn more about them too:
http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/index.php

The problem that I ran into with my SA-built Conqueror was with the wheel bearings; I toasted one very soon after purchase and had a heck of a time finding the correct replacements. I finally had to match a set of Timkins up by sight/feel, press them in, and hope ----- they've been fine for about 10,000 miles so far but I'm considering a wholesale replacement of the axle and hubs to a domestic unit.

I've read that the bed in the Xplorer is actually sized more like a king than a double.
It would be helpful to know the actual dimensions of sleeping and walking areas; I can't find headroom dims anywhere and I'm 6' 5" ----- I won't buy another trailer or caravan with a 55x75 bed....

Last edited:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Just to keep track, I'd be most interested in the Xplorer II model.
On the Xplorer model, that 2nd doorway seems to be a waste of space IMO anyway...

RR1

Explorer
On the Xplorer model, that 2nd doorway seems to be a waste of space IMO anyway...

I was liking that option, thinking that side could the shower/toilet privy space.

EDIT:
Looking at it better it is exactly what they have done.

With doors on both sides you can either step out the back door into your shower cubicle or sit in the shade of the rally awning.

xplorer1_08.jpg

Last edited:

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
I was liking that option, thinking that side could the shower/toilet privy space.

I guess I should have phrased it differently...
It's not a like/dislike thing for me, it's more of a "I would want the most useable interior space possible since I will traveling with children" thing. :)

The shower/toilet tent could be set up completely separate from the camper, which I would prefer anyways because then the sounds and smells of said tent could be located a slight distance from the camper.
It would be beneficial to maintain some quiet for the kids to be able to keep sleeping while someone is taking a shower.

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
So the official word is:
The kitchen can indeed be used from the inside without being deployed. The obvious catch is that it is going to be lower down, since the kitchen was designed to be used more from the outside. But it can be used, and is as simple as folding up the hinged bunk, to allow access.
We're still looking at getting the Explorer and Oryx here by the fall, to do testing, retrofitting, and then presentation at various shows, including OX 2010.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
It seems like the S. African and Australian trailers built like are awesome in terms of capablity, quality, and toughness. However, when they come with a price tag of 80 grand, they become less appealing...

I hate to quote this post if I'm correct, but does this seem like spam to anyone else?

EDIT: I deleted the link so he doesn't get any of our traffic. ;)

Last edited:

RSAChris

Hi

I'm new to the forum, but "experienced enough" with the Jurgens Safari caravans - particularly the Xplorer.

I see you mention some of our discussions on the 4x4Community forum and that you want to make some modifications too.

I was actually searching on the web as a friend "heard that Jurgens decided to pull out of Aus because of to many problems with the caravans". I could only find the usual comments of a hand full of people who bought lemons, same as here in RSA.

Well, I can assure you, we enjoy our Xplorer and it does go through rough country. I clean and service after every trip and it will last for a long time.

Cheers
Christo Steyn

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thank you for restarting this thread. My wife keeps mentioning about a trailer and nothing I have yet found meets the wish list, but the Xplorer does seem awfully close. I would like to see a floor plan with dimensions and wonder if it is possible to use/sleep inside with the pop top down ? Also, what is the flip-out tent at the front of the trailer, please ?

JKDetonator

Adventurer
Bump...

Its not spam! Its the real deal, from a reputable company, that is a sponsor on the portal as far as I know...anyway here's your bump! :wings::victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater