new nps300 crewcab

Gday all,

like a few others i run a tour cmopany and i'm trying out a new concept. HAd a lok at a few other threads and i'm doing some similar things, and some new!

i've orders the isuzu gps and cameras and multimedia system. Very interested to see what its all like together.

The truck is sitting at the dealer so i dont have any decent photos yet but i'll be sure to post them when i do. I'm building the tray myself and allready ahve the body from a previous tour truck to go on there, also fitting 2 extra tanks one factory (if they can supply in a reasonable time) and another 800L tank straight behind the cab on top of the tray. Above that is going to be firewood storage .....

i'll track down the pics i have now of the kitchen etc, this body was on a Nissan patrol cab chassis and is the 5th in a series of bodies. I've gone to the isuzu because i need to carry fuel for my clients and some other luxuries for the camp.

anyway hope you all enjoy the build!:smiley_drive:

pictures fo the POD

We affectionatly call it the pod and the clients cvall it the tardis.

here tis:

Attachments

• 03032010779.jpg
    03032010779.jpg
    858.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 03032010775.jpg
    03032010775.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 03032010780.jpg
    03032010780.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 03032010781.jpg
    03032010781.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 95

engineer

Adventurer
I hope the DPD works ok for you, a mate in Townsville had some issues, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.
Body looks nice too (must be the only forum I can say that on)

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi. Just about to fit 3 x NPS cameras on one here too. 2 on the mirrors and one out the back. The factory cameras are OK too. Tiny things and the factory monitor does a really neat 3 way split with touch screen so just touch the view you want to zoom on. Really quick and easy to use if you'are picking your way through some tight spots.

Mickldo

Adventurer
Hi and welcome to the site.

I wouldn't mind checking out your truck. I am just up the road at Maryborough and I build these type of trucks at work (see sigline). We have two in the workshop at the moment getting bodies built for Ergon. If you need a hand setting it up let me know, I've done a few of these now. I used to work at Aussie Trax too so I know about setting up for the Island as well.

pics

feel free to resize these mods

You cant buy these in the USA i'm told. next step up from the f series ;)

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

eagle1

Observer
you folks sure get the nice trucks, all we can get here are land yachts, unfortunately the manufacturers have forgotten how to listen to their customers here in NA

if you look just above the tip of the exhaust you can see one of them, its 75mm angles thats 6mm thick, 4 high tensile bolts to in chassis and 2 in frame.

all up there are six of these holding it on

Mickldo

Adventurer
yep might have to chat to you about some extra fuel storage ;)

I just got a quote today from Isuzu for a NQR450 fuel tank, should be the same. I can also give you details on who locally can Mod Plate any fuel system mods you do.

I also should have mentioned to you earlier that I have a copy of the Isuzu Body Builder's manual at work. Bit late now, tray is made....

What width is your tray? You might find you may have to fit side marker lights. All of the ones we do at work have to have them. Ours are 2.2m wide. I can't remember what the cut off is, I think it may be 2.1m.

Are you going to fit a timber floor?

What do you use the crane for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat