New product from Proud Rhino! The SYA Off Road Extension Kit

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
There were a few people saying the rear straps were rubbing or routed in a way that caused issues.

Thank you.
I know what you are saying.
We have heard of the lower strap rotating and touching the tire. Proud Rhino have a made a locking plate, for those that need it.

If someone this forum needs a set it please send me an email.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Thank you.
I know what you are saying.
We have heard of the lower strap rotating and touching the tire. Proud Rhino have a made a locking plate, for those that need it.

If someone this forum needs a set it please send me an email.

Basically everyone on here that bought your kit asked about the rear strap problem and never got an answer, and actually still have not because you seem to think the recommended strap mount point does not cause direct rubbing against the rim edge.

Zelatore posted a bunch of useful photos.... you need to skim through the pages to get on top of this issue.

I was about to order the whole kit but not if it's just a big mess with no solutions.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I haven't messed with this system in a while or heard anything new about the limit strap routing. There could be news, I just haven't been paying any attention.

I suspect you may be able to make the system work with some fiddling, I just haven't had the urge to get back into it. I've actually been thinking more about doing my own version with less height. Maybe an inch.

It's not flat tires that cause the EAS fault with rods, it's a deflated strut. If you have rods and end up on the bumpstops without the spacers you can push a sensor out of range which will cause the EAS to go red. In that case you need to either use the GAP tool to manually inflate the offending corner a bit to get back in range or use a jack/etc to lift it a bit until the computer will take over again. In theory with the spacer kit you shouldn't have that issue though I've not actually tested this.

From L8 " We have heard of the lower strap rotating and touching the tire. Proud Rhino have a made a locking plate, for those that need it. "

so what do you think about that?

zelatore

Explorer
From L8 " We have heard of the lower strap rotating and touching the tire. Proud Rhino have a made a locking plate, for those that need it. "

so what do you think about that?

I've been a bit 'off' the LR3 recently as I bought a D1 crawler to play with and it's getting all my attention of late. I haven't gotten into the suspension on the LR3 in some time - I actually haven't had any issues with it but then again I'm not running the Proud Rhino stuff at the moment. I did just come back from 10 days in Death Valley with it though, and given the state of the average road down there (washboards from hell...mile after mile) I suspect it's time to put the truck on the lift and go through EVERYTHING. But with work and other commitments, not to mention the new toy, I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I still have my Proud Rhino stuff, just have to start playing with it again.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Yesterday completed additional rerouting and re piping of the hvac tubes in right rear fender well. Replaced hose and tucked hard tubing up about 1" higher all the way around as well as tucked fully between slider end and body so that there is zero protrusion into the arc of tire travel under full articulation.

Sourcing defender mud flaps too - hoping they work nice and flush. Tire going on is 33.7 BFG KM2...285/70-18 on factory alloy tucked in - no spacers needed.

Plan to give a try with the above referenced strut spacers from lucky8! I don't think anyone on here has tried them with the added flexibility of the LLAMS interface so we shall see if that helps with the access mode and system problems people have mentioned.

mass

Observer
Yesterday completed additional rerouting and re piping of the hvac tubes in right rear fender well. Replaced hose and tucked hard tubing up about 1" higher all the way around as well as tucked fully between slider end and body so that there is zero protrusion into the arc of tire travel under full articulation.

JWEST I'd be interested in seeing some photos of how you've rerouted/repiped the HVAC, I'm at about an 80% solution for resting comfortably.

We just installed the SYA kit this weekend and I'll have a writeup with some photos of it installed.

Jwestpro

Explorer
JWEST I'd be interested in seeing some photos of how you've rerouted/repiped the HVAC, I'm at about an 80% solution for resting comfortably.

We just installed the SYA kit this weekend and I'll have a writeup with some photos of it installed.

I am so sorry that I was so into getting it done that I completely forgot photos LOL That liner may come out again at some point to source a 2nd fuel tank topping off leak but not sure when.

I can say this though, if you've removed yours, you'll see where a less intrusive route exists if you had a section of flexible tube to bend through the little slot at the bottom of the body shell standing seam. This is right above where my slider edge ends.

Who wants a 1 inch kit for 31 - 32" tires with no access height or CV over-extension issues? Speak up.

I would do a 1" kit.......what is the price going to be though is the question? Put me on the list with the option to bow out on a ridiculous price! lol

I guess I'm #4 on the list! :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues