New RV Buyers watch out

Runmorun

Federal Court held new RV sold "as is" per purchase agreement means no warranty promised or offered. Worth watching. Was a purchase of a Thor from Campingworld. $99k purchase.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
The key here is not so much buying a new RV, but buying a new RV "AS-IS".

Anytime you buy anything "AS-IS", you are 100% on your own for anything wrong; from what I've gathered in the first 3 minutes of that video, this was MORE THAN clearly expressed right on the purchase agreement that the buyer agreed to.

This is a clear-cut case of a buyer with more money than sense. (As if dropping $100k on a Thor product was not enough of a "dummy" indicator.)

"As-is" sales make perfect sense for used vehicles, but make zero sense for a new vehicle with a (supposed) warranty.

Runmorun

The key here is not so much buying a new RV, but buying a new RV "AS-IS".

Anytime you buy anything "AS-IS", you are 100% on your own for anything wrong; from what I've gathered in the first 3 minutes of that video, this was MORE THAN clearly expressed right on the purchase agreement that the buyer agreed to.

This is a clear-cut case of a buyer with more money than sense. (As if dropping $100k on a Thor product was not enough of a "dummy" indicator.)

"As-is" sales make perfect sense for used vehicles, but make zero sense for a new vehicle with a (supposed) warranty.

Point is to make sure you read your documents and negotiate the clauses. If they refuse just walk. If they want the sale they will negotiate.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Always, always, always read the document in full before signing but just stay away from buying in the big box stores in general, very crooked sales tactics.

Sid Post

Observer
Let's be honest here, how many people READ the contracts they sign? Of the few that actually READ them, do they understand what they read?

Poor lady at the apartment office asked me what I was doing when she handed me the rental contract; I'm READING it! I've been here 3 years and you are the first person to read the rental contract.

Why are you reading it? Me; It is LEGALLY BINDING ISN'T IT? Her; Yes. 🤣

14 double-sided legal-sized pages in 8pt font with no white space so, it took me 45 minutes too and I never left my seat in her office!!!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Remember this:

When you sign a written contract, legally you are attesting to several important statements.

Basically:

1. I read the contract
2. I understand the contract
3. I agree to the terms of the contract
4. This is the entire agreement between the two parties

It’s that simple

And generally, any verbal promises made to you before you sign the written contract are not part of it (i.e. they are not enforceable) if they are not specifically included in the contract.

So what do people always seem to claim when they are trying to break a contract?

I didn’t read it 🥴

I didn’t understand it (I thought it meant X instead of Y…) 🤔

I didn’t agree to those terms!😩

But the salesman told me X (something different not in the contract or contrary to its terms) 🫤

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl