New small Jeep SUV in 2013

Bodo

Adventurer
Seems like people forget that there were many different 'Jeeps' in history. There were Jeeps that went to war and Jeeps that raced on pavement. Why limit the brand?

Jeep isn't taking anything away from us by offering vehicles like the Phoenix.

reece146

Automotive Artist
Agreed, I get a kick out of "Jeep" owners who complain about the ride quality or noise of a lifted Jeep, what did they really think was going to happen??!!

Disagree.

With the correct application of thought, effort and parts a lifted Jeep should at a minimum ride as well as the stock setup. Caveats about changing tire types and sizes apply as well as building for real usage versus building a bush buggy.

If you lifted a Jeep and it crushes your spine and thunks and grinds over bumps then the parts used aren't up to the expectation levels and/or you're not done final tuning yet.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Disagree.

With the correct application of thought, effort and parts a lifted Jeep should at a minimum ride as well as the stock setup. Caveats about changing tire types and sizes apply as well as building for real usage versus building a bush buggy.

If you lifted a Jeep and it crushes your spine and thunks and grinds over bumps then the parts used aren't up to the expectation levels and/or you're not done final tuning yet.

My Jeep rides well and I can drive the 4 hours to Moab just fine with the cruise on 2/3 of the trip, but for some it is considered noisy. Most modern coil suspensions ride just fine in stock or aftermarket form, it was the leaf spring setups that usually rode rough. Although I have ridden in an FJ60 on OME springs that rode very smooth.

And I'm curious how many Jeeps you have personally built in your own garage and daily driven?

pator1971

Don't forget that Fiat has a history too and makes some military trucks to this day.

FiatCM90-16_1.jpg

God we have them up here in Canada, I hope any new Jeep runs better than the Inveco Trucks we are stuck with.....

reece146

Automotive Artist
In other words you like to be vague when you are avoiding familiarity with a topic....

No, I just don't need to flout the ability to spin a wrench as some form of self validation to make myself feel good on a public Internet form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal