New Subie!

Laxaholic

Adventurer
photo (3).jpgphoto (4).jpg

Added heated seats, I think they look pretty close to factory. Just a little work left to do to finish them up.
385miles on the last tank.

Rosco862003

Adventurer
Glad to hear you're finally getting awesome mileage in the Subie. I'm curious if you added the heating element to the stock seats, or if you swapped the whole seat. Also do our the Impreza 2.5i's come prewired for heated seats, as I may be interested in doing this sometime soon.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I added heating elements to the stock seats. It ended up being right around 90$ for both seats done. To my knowledge, they aren't pre-wired for heated seats, but some may be. It wasn't a difficult project and the set up I used looks damn near stock. Will be great for the coming winter. The wiring is easy, and safe.

400 miles last tank.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
I drove a 2013 WRX sedan today (I'm still partial to the hatches/wagons). Good fun those cars, but no longer seems to be the type of vehicle that I would allow to leave the pavement. I love the interior on the new impreza and the larger body is much more roomy than my current 2006 2.5i wagon. I would be happy with a newer regular impreza with the manual trans, and that interior. A moonroof would be great. For now, I'm sticking to the 2006 that's paid for.

Was interesting to drive, fun, comfortable, and had an awesome exhaust note. Interior was nice, and had a pretty kickin' stereo. Hat's off to Subaru for upgrading the interior and what comes standard on the vehicles. The suspension was stiff, as one would expect, but not bad at all. I imagine that buying a WRX is kind of like buying a jetski, fun for a while and puts a smile on your face,...but you can only go "balls to the wall" for so long, then it becomes the norm and you begin to look elsewhere.

My wagon is in with the dealer, some more trouble with the car. Nothing serious, I think we have found what has been the car's continuing issue, and explains the constant on and off of the check engine light. Luckily that little car is cheap to fix. Should be back in action Friday. Looking for snow tires and rims, bring on the season.

photo_1 (1).jpgphoto_2.jpgphoto_3.jpg

Last edited:

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I love my 2010 and I take it off road as much as I can. with a simple tune, and muffler delete on the stock tires I got 13.0 in the 1/4 mile. smelt a lot of clutch but backed it up with a 13.1 without as much clutch slip. Yet I was able to follow my co-workers jeep through everything on a single track minus the mud whole that went to his bumpers.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
The Subaru is still running strong; mileage is over 105,000 now. Some preventative maintenance is going to need to be done pretty soon. The heated seats I added are HOT! Great for the cold winter, and they warm up quickly.

Hoping to pick up a Yakima snowboard rack while I'm up here in NC. I'd really like to add some lighting up front, anyone have any ideas? Trying to install factory fogs seems like it's more trouble than it's worth, and I could get better lights from less money with some sort of push-bar mounted set up.

In the works:
Rear sway bar, new brake pads/brake fluid flush, grounding kit?, aux lighting up front, more preventative maintenance, new headunit.

Last edited:

Rosco862003

Adventurer
Yea, the factory fogs are an expensive upgrade on these cars unfortunately. I was looking at going the route of putting some Rigid Dually D2's in the stock location and just put the stock covers on whenever they're not in use. The harness is there for you to tap into and should be marked with blue tape. You can go to the Subie dealer or search craigslist for a switch and relay. Or you could go the route of putting on a light bar which looks cooler, however I like the idea of throwing the stock covers on for a little extra protection when not in use. As a side note I noticed that my stock headlight pattern was rather low and cruddy compared to other cars I've driven, and simply changing bulbs and adjusting the angle up made a big impact on nighttime driving. The high beams on our cars are friggin' awesome and I'm not sure what your need for fogs is, but with the brights I've never had an issue and truly turn night into day.

Not sure if you already have a sway bar, but the free 18mm bar I got from the 1996-1999 Legacy based Outback made the biggest difference in the world, and made the car feel neutral, as though it should've come with that size from the factory. 2002-2003 WRX's have a 20mm bar and 2004-2007 WRX's have a 17mm bar. I don't have any experience with either on a base 2.5i, but have heard stories that the 20mm bar with stock suspension tends to cause snap oversteer in slick conditions, which is why I'm guessing why they downgraded with the blob-eye models.

raymondmom

I have a 2007 Impreza Outback with about 145,000 miles. I didn't know it had a check engine light! I did have to change the battery, tires, struts and a belt.

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Speaking of the check engine light...mine came on yesterday night on my way to Savannah. I hate that it cuts out the cruise control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater