New (to me) Equipt 100 series.... the adventure begins/continues...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The stars and planets have aligned causing a coast to coast migration of epic adventure and excitement! (Well at least for me)
I began my journey from New Bern, NC at 4am bound for Orange County, CA to become the proud new owner/caretaker of the legendary Equipt 100 series Land Cruiser. Once the transaction is complete the vehicle and I will embark on a journey of perhaps the most boring 2800 miles the vehicle has ever experienced. Either way, part of the trip will be a pilgrimage of sorts, stopping off at Equipt for a brief reunion and some much desired swag for the roof rack.... I will try to keep the trip up-to-date as the journey unfolds...:wings:

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
The stars and planets have aligned causing a coast to coast migration of epic adventure and excitement! (Well at least for me)
I began my journey from New Bern, NC at 4am bound for Orange County, CA to become the proud new owner/caretaker of the legendary Equipt 100 series Land Cruiser. Once the transaction is complete the vehicle and I will embark on a journey of perhaps the most boring 2800 miles the vehicle has ever experienced. Either way, part of the trip will be a pilgrimage of sorts, stopping off at Equipt for a brief reunion and some much desired swag for the roof rack.... I will try to keep the trip up-to-date as the journey unfolds...:wings:

YDR-

Congratulations! What an epic experience and adventure with an iconic vehicle! If you happen to be coming through Colorado (Denver I-70) during your return drive we'd enjoy meeting up with you and handing off some ATC swag for the rest of your adventure.

Take care and be safe.

fireball

Explorer
YDR - you've got tons of pretty country on your way. No need for that to be a boring 2800 mile drive! I bought mine in San Diego and took 10 days coming back to PA. Great trip!

jjstahl3

Explorer
Did you make this graphic?

We have a big trip coming up and would love to do something like this

Thanks
p.s. That 100 series is killer!

Yes I did made a couple big decals and a shirt - email me what you are looking to do and I would love to put something together for your trip! Jay jjstahl3@gmail.com

ab1985

Explorer
I always try to vehicles as far away as possible so I have a good excuse for a road trip. Good score!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
A fantastic rig, shared many days working on and out with adventure with Pablo. Excited to hear the adventures will continue!

qwopzxnm

Adventurer
Congrats on the new purchase!

Funny story: I live in Orange County and decided I wanted a 4WD to go off road. I initially wanted to buy a Jeep Wrangler, but as I was researching what I really wanted to do with an off road vehicle I realized I wanted an Expedition rig and stumbled upon this article:

http://expeditionportal.com/top-10-used-overland-vehicles/

The first time I laid eyes on the 100 Series in that article I immediately thought "That's it! That's exactly what I want to accomplish" So what's the first thing I do? Search the OC Craigslist for 1998 - 2004 Land Cruisers. The first link I click was the ad for this Equipt vehicle and I did a double take. I couldn't believe the first LC I had seen all decked out for overland travel in that article was the first result in my local search.

Your LC is the whole reason I've been lurking around here for the last couple months and why I am still searching for my first 100 Series to purchase. Cheers and congrats on the new rig!

:bowdown::bowdown:

-Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven