New to Range Rover family but not new to Portal!!!

Jis4Jeep

Observer
Thanks I ordered it last night from British Atlantic two day air. I have a welding job to do at the end of the week and I need to be able to tow my work trailer.

RangeBrover

Explorer
No problem, it's not to hard to do yourself and you should be fine. The only warning though is the OEM Land Rover directions are a little lacking, but it's nothing that's to hard to figure out.

Jis4Jeep

Observer
Luckily Atlantic British has a video on how to install them...... lol I am having fun ordering parts on ebay but still need to figure hings wrong like i need bump stops big time.

If you haven't already, Google "Land Rover Rave" and download the Rave service manual for your RR. It's a big help for your upcoming projects. Take it one thing at a time, DIY with the manual and forum help, and have fun. With some hard work and patience you'll end up with a nice truck.

Jis4Jeep

Observer
If you haven't already, Google "Land Rover Rave" and download the Rave service manual for your RR. It's a big help for your upcoming projects. Take it one thing at a time, DIY with the manual and forum help, and have fun. With some hard work and patience you'll end up with a nice truck.

Thank will do! I got lucky on a few items.... I have a boat being shipped to me on Monday and luckily thees a guy parting out a RR a few miles from where my boat will be picked up at so gonna get the AC Compressor and Heater core for $200 and don't have to pay shipping. Cant wait I am home now waiting for a few things in the mail. Thanks again for info.

Last edited:

Jis4Jeep

Observer
Well my new seat buckle came in and my wiring harness as well and so far..... all is good. No issues total took 30 minutes with the help of my girlfriend feeding the wiring harness through the gr omit for me (my hands where to fat). Spoke to previous owner and he said the coils where from Land Rover but he couldn't afford for the elimination chip so that's next on my list as well as heater core and ac compressor.

RangeBrover

Explorer
Sounds great, just keep up the good work and you'll have a great Rover in no time. I don't think the coils could be from Land Rover, because as far as I know they never made a Coil Spring Kit, or a coil P38, at least for the US. I know the coil kits for the p38 are relatively affordable now so it might make sense to purchase a kit. But I don't know what he could have meant by Land Rover coils.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
Here is the best advice i can give you.

Get RAVE. Read it as much as you can.

The P38 is not a bad vehicle. i've had mine for over a year. I've put a few thousand into maintenance and a couple grand into other extra parts.

go to www.rangerovers.net

get on the forum. there are loads of us over there that know these things. mine has been running great. i paid $5000 for my 2001. I'm saving up for an ARB locker in the rear. and adding a winch to the front of mine behind the stock bumper. It runs and works great, the ride is great on coils as well.

Unplug the air compressor since you are on coils and it won't stay running all the time. Take it out and sell it to some fool who believes air suspension is the way to go.

380116_10150469521865028_599460027_8867218_230702580_n.jpg

Jis4Jeep

Observer
LOL I would actually like to use it for airing up if possible. Thanks for input guys........... As far as kits I did notice that they weren't that expensive. I'm pretty satisfied with decision plus I have a new project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater

Members online