No more Toyotas

max adams

Observer
I live 20 minutes from the Woodstock plant and 40 minutes from the Cambridge plant. Many of my neighbours work for Toyota, a friend of mine who works at the plant explained that the pedal assembly wears a groove in it and can "lock" in the depressed position. All the pedals can wear depending on use and floor mats can exasperate the situation but use dictates wear. He also told me production is suspended because recalled vehicles take precedence over new production and replacement parts are limited do to volume. So far the work stoppage is only 1 week. Keep in mind this is 3rd party info but my source has always been reliable in the past.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...He also told me production is suspended because recalled vehicles take precedence over new production and replacement parts are limited do to volume. So far the work stoppage is only 1 week. Keep in mind this is 3rd party info but my source has always been reliable in the past.

That seems to match what I've read, again 3rd party. Another aspect is the fact once a recall is issued, Toyota can no longer sell those affected cars until they have been repaired/retrofitted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz