OBA

toyotech

Expedition Leader
i love my puma. had it for a little over 2 years now. use it often and its been great. best bang for the buck imo. the compressor can be removed from tank if you want.

409739_3409238121045_1130502052_n.jpg

cr500taco

Adventurer
i love my puma. had it for a little over 2 years now. use it often and its been great. best bang for the buck imo. the compressor can be removed from tank if you want.

409739_3409238121045_1130502052_n.jpg

May have to look into the puma. Can the tank be mounted remotely from the compressor? Not sure where I can mount it as one unit.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
yup. i have heard and see people take the compressor off complete and mount it remotely from tank. i really like it because it already complete and has all the switches and gauges ready to go

86tuning

Adventurer
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381009599.004425.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381009618.202042.jpg

Using a denso compressor, belt driven. Just squirt some oil into the inlet before use. It's small and easy to find a mounting spot for. Yorks are better if you can find a spot for them. Sanden compressors can be internally greased so they don't require constant lubrication.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Love the York setups (I used to work at Kilby) but we use a combination of a few parts to run OBA on the vans. CKMTA12 compressor, 2.5 gallon tank, goodyear instagrip hose, good fittings.

600_OBA01_pic.JPG

All mounts up to the frame/body on the D side.

600_OBA01_Installed.JPG

cr500taco

Adventurer
Love the York setups (I used to work at Kilby) but we use a combination of a few parts to run OBA on the vans. CKMTA12 compressor, 2.5 gallon tank, goodyear instagrip hose, good fittings.

View attachment 189753

All mounts up to the frame/body on the D side.

View attachment 189754

No problems with the compressor mounted under the vehicle with moisture, dust, mud and dirt? I was wondering about the possibility of putting the ARB compressor under the truck instead of the engine bay, since they say it's sealed for moisture and dust.

cr500taco

Adventurer
yup. i have heard and see people take the compressor off complete and mount it remotely from tank. i really like it because it already complete and has all the switches and gauges ready to go

Its pretty well priced for the whole unit compared to the Viair OBA kits with the tanks.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
buddy of mine just installed one of these. its extremely fast and he purchased a remote filter for it. he has his mounted where the spare tire goes with a tank next to it.
http://www.air-zenith.com/

alittle on the pricey side and he had to buy almost all the brass fittings for the tank. he got an almost complete kit with gauge, compressor, and tank

BrianTN

Adventurer
I am looking at the Puma air compressor with the intent of taking the compressor off of the tank and mounting them in slightly different locations. The point of the setup will include a rear diff, possibly a front diff, airing tires, and limited use of air tools. My question to those with the compressor or know about the compressor, can the compressor be removed and an air manifold be added in line just after the regulator?

craig333

Expedition Leader
I have a quick air2 in the Jeep. Its been a huge disappointment. Currently running an MV-50 in the truck but my plan is to go CO2. Then I can I can use it in either vehicle. I also want something capable of reseating a bead. CO2 fits the bill there.

cr500taco

Adventurer
I am looking at the Puma air compressor with the intent of taking the compressor off of the tank and mounting them in slightly different locations. The point of the setup will include a rear diff, possibly a front diff, airing tires, and limited use of air tools. My question to those with the compressor or know about the compressor, can the compressor be removed and an air manifold be added in line just after the regulator?

X2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad