OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

SOAZ_Dweller

This sticker is on the back of my Dweller 15 TV.

Upgrade to a smart TV with firestick capabilities. I did have to run another video cable from the stock DVD player under the trailer and up through the closet behind the tv. The Dweller officially has the only DVD player I own now so all DVD's have been relocated for camping.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Have a source to prove this claim?

I was corrected on better components as the Dweller has good components as well but I am 98% sure that mdc are made in a different factory. MDC are made at Rongcheng Mingjun Outdoor. They have thier own employees on site thier. OBI doesn't have sheet for employees at thier Chinese mfg plants.

CowboyKyle

I was corrected on better components as the Dweller has good components as well but I am 98% sure that mdc are made in a different factory. MDC are made at Rongcheng Mingjun Outdoor. They have thier own employees on site thier. OBI doesn't have sheet for employees at thier Chinese mfg plants.
So no 100% ironclad source on the claim of different plants?

Ranchmkt

Quick question, Do we need to grease the wheel bearings often like on a boat trailer or are they more like a car and not as often or ever? D13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So no 100% ironclad source on the claim of different plants?

Nothing in life is iron clad cowboy..come on

This site is where I confirmed the mdc plant. I looked at thier website and it didn't appear like they made the Dweller type pop up with folding rear area like obi and opus.

You may be able to search for obi shipments on this site

CowboyKyle

Nothing in life is iron clad cowboy..come on

This site is where I confirmed the mdc plant. I looked at thier website and it didn't appear like they made the Dweller type pop up with folding rear area like obi and opus.

You may be able to search for obi shipments on this site
You're right. Nothing is iron clad, except for the fact that you should consider tailoring your language to reflect such information. This will help future readers and researchers make better informed decisions. ;)

1717526316938.png

You're right. Nothing is iron clad, except for the fact that you should consider tailoring your language to reflect such information. This will help future readers and researchers make better informed decisions. ;)

View attachment 837862

Okay Cowboy I will make sure I tailor my language and highlight it when I do. I think the links I sent and ROA mentioning that MDC is not made at the same factory as OBI in one of thier videos is pretty damn close to iron clad. Also the directer of sales dbag from MDC has verified the same thing.

Yes but not much finishing in US. I stand corrected on better components I didn't realize the Dweller came with truma and
Yes but not much finishing in US. I stand corrected on better components I didn't realize the Dweller came with truma and Therford
The only thing obi does is remove the plastic protective covers off mattresses, install awning, Minor things. Obi, is selling a product they know virtually nothing about.

landy66

Does anyone know where I can buy these water pump hoses/fittings for the Dweller 13?
I'm trying to modify the setup to insert a three-way valve between pump and tanks (for easy priming/winterizing).. but need to extend an existing hose to do it... I'm talking about the blue hoses and theblack fittings in attached pic... are they chinese no-name brand or can I find them on Amazon?

Attachments

• pump-fittings.jpg
    pump-fittings.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Does anyone know where I can buy these water pump hoses/fittings for the Dweller 13?
I'm trying to modify the setup to insert a three-way valve between pump and tanks (for easy priming/winterizing).. but need to extend an existing hose to do it... I'm talking about the blue hoses and theblack fittings in attached pic... are they chinese no-name brand or can I find them on Amazon?
I purchased my hose fittings on Amazon. I did not find a brand name.

RJWB

Quick question, Do we need to grease the wheel bearings often like on a boat trailer or are they more like a car and not as often or ever? D13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Most of the trailer manufacturers recommend greasing wheel bearings once a year or every 10,000 miles whichever comes first. If you're doing a lot of off-road trailering you probably want to do this more frequently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal