OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Your in Oregon. I’d go heat tape and pads. You’ll end up using them enough to be glad you did it. Can’t do it before the trip cooler with water in it. Winterize the Dweller system.

glennsmith15

Has anyone upgraded their batteries to lithium? That is my next planned upgrade. Aside from changing Renogy charging settings, is there anything else to be aware of or just a simple swap?

gendlert

Has anyone upgraded their batteries to lithium? That is my next planned upgrade. Aside from changing Renogy charging settings, is there anything else to be aware of or just a simple swap?
Waiting for black Friday deals and then likely pulling the trigger. My understanding is setting changes are all you have to worry about.

2022 OBI Dweller
2020 RAM 1500 Rebel

I am also looking to upgrade to lithium, what level of upgrade are people thinking of? I'm thinking of going with 2 Renogy 200Ah batteries as replacement for the current 3 100Ah AGMs.

I guess scratch that idea. I just checked the battery compartment size. On my dweller the batteries are under the bench seat. The larger compartment is 18 1/4" long, 13" wide and 11" high. The smaller one is 13 3/4" wide, 11" long and 11" high. I'm sure I could redo the brace that separates the two compartments.

Any suggestions for lithium batteries that would fit best in this space?

glennsmith15

I guess scratch that idea. I just checked the battery compartment size. On my dweller the batteries are under the bench seat. The larger compartment is 18 1/4" long, 13" wide and 11" high. The smaller one is 13 3/4" wide, 11" long and 11" high. I'm sure I could redo the brace that separates the two compartments.

Any suggestions for lithium batteries that would fit best in this space?
I have a D13 so just went with 3 100ah Weize lithium to fit in the same spot of existing batteries. At $319 per ea on Amazon with built in BMS it seems like a no brainer. Amazon has a wide selection so I’m sure you can compare different sizes relatively easy.

gendlert

I am also looking to upgrade to lithium, what level of upgrade are people thinking of? I'm thinking of going with 2 Renogy 200Ah batteries as replacement for the current 3 100Ah AGMs.

That's what I'm considering as well. If they fit, that's what I'm planning to procure. I have to do some measuring this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven