OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Flettrich3

Question, I’m thinking of putting the heavy duty ARK corner stabilizers on my dweller 13 … do i use the 25” or 33” model ? Can’t figure the length off my old ones
I have read through the discussion board, and have seen some use the 33" and others 25". I'm going with the ARK 33"

Riviot

what is the preferred 2" hitch "mount bar" to get? I read to buy the Rhino brand but they sell many types and styles. Looking for a link to a product purchase ideally. Apologies for the baby-feeding request but this is my first experience with towing.

PNWOutdoor

I’m getting ready to update my batteries to Lithium (3), it seems the factory AGM batteries are wired in series, I’m assuming i need to wire the new lithium batteries in parallel. Any tip on re-wiring into the block / inverter ?

gendlert

I’m getting ready to update my batteries to Lithium (3), it seems the factory AGM batteries are wired in series, I’m assuming i need to wire the new lithium batteries in parallel. Any tip on re-wiring into the block / inverter ?
The stock batteries are definitely wired in parallel. You have 3x12V 100Ah batteries with 12V 300Ah output. Series would make 3x12V=36V with 100Ah output. So just use the wiring from the AGM for your Li set. You'll need to adjust the settings on your solar controller and charger/inverter to account for the slight change in voltage levels with Li, but the rest is plug and play. The renogy manuals have the directions in there (but they're terrible), so reach out if you need setting assistance, or chat with the Renogy customer service folks. They're actually helpful.

Check out my post #517 for additional details.

leosgarza

I couldn’t find what size I used but I got it direct from https://www.equalizerhitch.com. You should be able to find one based on gvw. I had no issues with installing the mchitch. However I did have to move the dolly wheel jack back but think I will go to an electric jack centered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The shaft bolt of the receiver portion of the Mchitch is very long, around 3 inches did that affect the installation?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Flettrich3

Good Morning! Quick question has anybody else had a cracked led marker lights. I have three cracked lights and have never used this trailer yet. Does anybody know how these could be replaced the lenses only? I've searched for these I can't find them anywhere.

Attachments

• 20230727_183341.jpg
    20230727_183341.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20230727_183319.jpg
    20230727_183319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Riviot

Has anyone tried test-fitting on of these Stromberg rail mounted bike rack hitches?

Attachments

• Stromberg Trailer Rails Bike rack.png
    Stromberg Trailer Rails Bike rack.png
    450.3 KB · Views: 28

AMMO461

Equal-i-zer is installed, might have to lose the front mud flap, but it all fits and tows 100% better now on my Tacoma, no more squatting at all. Next are the Monroe shocks. Might have the WD a little over adjusted rn, but it's late and I didn't have the water tanks filled up.

Do you happen to remember the height of the D13 Hitch when you leveled and measured it? We are installing the same WDH on our 2021 Tacoma Off-road. Much appreciated if you can remember. And how many washers did you end up with on the button. I currently have 6 on there but am still in the measurement/torquing phase.

Riviot

Can those ARK heavy-duty legs be used to actually lift the trailer? Not necessarily high or even completely off the ground, but enough on one side to change a tire perhaps? I mean what's the real appeal otherwise?

leosgarza

I love the heavy duty ark corner steadies jacks, I use them to completely level the RV all the time. You can't do them on the installed stabilizer. This past weekend we used the front jacks to help with lifting the front end over a 15 inch extension from touching the ground. I used them to completely hold the front end of Dwellar 15 to be able to put some block under the front trailer jack.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal