OBS F250/F350 Flatbed camper build

longroad2nowhere

Not much has happened to the truck lately. My wife and I have our own business and we are currently the busiest we've ever been, which is great, but really hasnt given me much time for truck stuff. Also made me realize I'm not building a custom camper anytime soon, which got me cruising CL and something popped up that i NEVER see for sale......
IMG_8166.jpg

An 8 ft flippac. The second I saw it, I emailed the seller and told them I would come get it that day. It was 2.5 hours away from me in San Diego. Was a long round trip, but Im stoked. Pulled the shell I have on my work truck off so I could go get it.

IMG_8169.jpg

The tent is in pretty damn good shape. The rear window is just a ************ piece of plexy thats too small. Not a huge deal as I'm not sure how I will adapt the rear to work with the flatbed.

IMG_8172.jpg

This thing is a damn mansion on the inside. So rad. Also came with 4 sweet fans and lights. hahah. The plan is to build some tool boxes for the flatbed that this can sit on. Then either close up the back and put a camper style door, or figure out how to make some kind of drop down tail gate.

IMG_7930.jpg
IMG_7892.jpg

Did get to take the truck out to play in the snow recently. Here are some glamour shots from the day out.

Motafinga

Adventurer
Cool truck, I'll watching to see how your Flippac install comes out. I have a 97 psd with a tool bed and an Alaskan but I like how you did the flatbed. I also made a spring mounted subframe and sourced springs from Mcmaster carr. Mine still has the TTB front axle but it does pretty good if you use poly pivot bushing as those are what generally wear out and make it go out of alignment and lose camber. My truck is stock height but if were to lift it I would def do a solid axle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven