Oct. weight loss challenge

the dude

Adventurer
Steady as she goes. 315lbs It was a rough week for me. Out of town 5 out of seven days and worked on the weekend. Lots of eating out...

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Suit fitting for my wedding started me thinking yesterday (actually, it was my sister's taunts at said fitting...). This could be the help I need.

Oct. Starting Weight: 224

Goal for the month: 220

Overall goal: 200

Day of weekly weigh-in and progress report: Monday

Plan of Attack, Diet: Smaller portions.

Plan of Attack, Exercise: Continue walking to work everyday, add morning walks with the fiancée/dogs 2-3x/week.

Biggest Challenge: Getting started...and sticking with a plan.

Thanks for the motivation and support, everyone!
-cayce

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Down from 237 to 234 this AM.

Two trips to the Y this week: 25 min. and 30 min. on the treadmill, plus one 30-min. session on my mini-stair stepper.

In last month’s thread someone asked for suggestions on healthy snacks, and (not too surprisingly :) ), no one seemed to have any. Well, I discovered last night that Doritos Lite corn chips are only two weightwatchers points per serving, and salsa is 0 points.

Plus, I’ve been eating a lot of apples and grapes.

Welcome aboard, a.mus.ed!

SEREvince

Adventurer
Weekly update

Starting weight:203

As of today: 203!

I've been hitting the gym HARD! I started a total body weight lifting program 3 days a week and hitting cardio on the off days, cept Sunday. I'm doubling up on some days, since my trainer wants 5 days of cardio a week. I am in a permanent state of soreness, not too bad though, just enough to let me know I did something!

Diet has been suffering a little this week, but nothing terrible, except maybe that Sunday brunch, MMMM!

Good luck to everyone!

Vince

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Looks like a bad week to quit sniffing glue.
5 Birthdays and meals going with them . Oldest Kid aug 26th, Wife oct 3rd, coworker the 7th, me 8th and my mom the 11th. We have been eating good! :steak:
Lost nothing but gained nothing either.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Nullifier said:
Oct. Starting Weight (optional for the ladies ): 252 (already lost 13lbs in the past 2 weeks)

Goal for the month: 20

Overall goal: get down to 205

Day of weekly weigh-in and progress report: friday

Plan of Attack, Diet: a limit of 1800 calories per day but right now I am averaging 1700. Typical day breaks this up into 3 meals and 2 snacks Meals are good solid healthy meals with portion control and snacks are usually things like an apple and cheese.

Plan of Attack, Exercise: MWF ride bike to and from work 20 miles round trip. Hit gym for upper body wieght training. Tuesday and thursday ride one way to work. Also get in a minimum of 10 miles per week of paddling into the mix. Right now my week ends are slammed but I am also trying tog et in a little "play time" as well which could be taking the dog for a long walk etc.

Biggest Challenge:Keeping the time I have allocated for all this a top priority. I have alot on my plate right now so not allowing myself to say "well I'll just skip the bike this morning so I can take care of _____".

Ok so my body has hit a wall. I knew it would happen. I only lost 2 pounds this week. However I did for the first time have to tighten my belt up a notch so even though wieght loss was minimal my body shape is changing which is good. Of course I did set myself back on diet. I had 2 b-day parties for my wife. One I had 2 red stripes :friday: and the other I had.....cake :chef: . THis week I am going to return to my normal diet plan. I think what has been the most difficult challenge I am facing now is actually eating enough. My Stomach has shrunk so much I eat a sandwich and feel like I am going to explode LOL! I am trying to eat 5X per day but might have to reevaluate this. I may have to go to 6 meals and decrease portion size again.

On my way home tonight I will actually hit 80 miles this week on the :bike_rider: ! I will be going for 100 next week. The following weeks goal is to ride 100 miles 3 days, and then have 3 days doing other upper body conditioning :REExeSquatsHL1: . Hopefully this will snap my body into "shock" again and I'll again see large weight drops. We will see. Still have to drop 18lbs to reach the mothly goal so 6lbs per week :yikes: .

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Typical week for me, it seems. Started out at 224, and hit my goal of 220 within 2 days. Unfortunately, now I'm up to around 226.

I did what I planned, however - cut down my portions, added walks before work (I also walk to work everyday).

I blame the weight gain on yesterday. My sister had a birthday party, and every time I tried to take small servings someone said "Come on, Cayce - we made extra for you! You can eat more than that!" (repeated at side dishes, main dish, dessert...Bastards.)

Oh well, huh? If I can get myself below 220 that will be a major coup. I have fluctuated between 220 and 240 for several years now, but never drop below. So here comes another week, and a better goal: Drop below 220 and stay there through the rest of the month.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Only able to eek out a pound this week, to 233.

Actually, I was really lucky not to have gained, they restocked the break room this week, and there are the dark chocolate / pomegranate things... I may never eat anything else.

Building on last week’s snack tip, I took the lite chips and salsa, added some Kraft Mexican mix low-fat shredded cheese and pre-packaged grilled chicken breast strips (from the sandwich meat section), and had some killer nachos. ‘Course, I put some store-brand avocado dressing on it that probably overpowered any low-fat properties…

Last edited:

lowenbrau

Explorer
Last week's effort yielded results this week. Down from 194 to 191! That's surely the lightest I've been in at least 15 years.

Unfortunately, we hit the road on Wednesday for Expo Trophy and I will likely OD on biscuits and gravy :drool: (no such thing in Canada) during the road trip. We'll see what the results of that are.

Last edited:

Spikepretorius

Explorer
I've been avoiding this thread because it seems that going on diet motivated me to eat crap everyday that usually I wouldn't have eaten.
Any psychologists on ExPo?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Only lost 6/10ths of a pound, but I'm rounding down, darn it.

232#.

My wife and I bought bicycles last weekend (and a trailer for the girls), and are going to try to put them to good use. Neither of us can commute (even if we were in good enough shape), but we'll be pedaling around the neighborhood.

It’s funny, we bought Schwinn ‘beach comber’ type bikes, and riding around really makes me feel like a kid again. Reminiscent of all the miles I put in while earning my Boy Scout Bicycling merit badge. I’ve had a few mountain bikes as an adult, but didn’t get that feeling from them. :)

Challenge: Staying out of that break room. One of the things that the stocked last week are bags of these chocolate/pomegranate things that are really hard to walk past.

Overdrive

Adventurer
SEREvince said:
Plan of Attack, Diet: I need to figure out some healthy, filling, fast and easy breakfast ideas.

Try this: 5-minute type (not 1-minute type) Quaker Oats. Get water boiling then throw in a handful of raw almonds. Add oats and cook as normal, and at about the 2-minute remaining mark, add a handful of raisins. When cooking is done, sweeten with honey and add some Smart Balance (butter substitute) and milk if desired. Ummmm, good!
Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater