O'erlanderwagen build

McBride

Adventurer
Nice design work and nice workmanship! My G is white for practical reasons so I love the stealth aspect of your truck.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Nice design work and nice workmanship! My G is white for practical reasons so I love the stealth aspect of your truck.

Thank you! (Wait, I just realized you bought the ex-Russ/Europa camper.....amazing! Posting on your thread now).

New custom water jerry can bracket in the rear cargo area almost complete tonight...pics to come.

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks guys!
How are you liking the Fox's Rob?

A van may be in my future too...just returned from UJOR/HD-RV.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
One more custom fab'd piece...I realized on our big SW trip that I was constantly having to remove gear from the cargo area to access the FrontRunner water jerries. My friend Jason already had a slick setup on his LC80, so I borrowed the idea and adapted it to the G. Now the water jerries are much more accessible, and allow for a defined "square" cargo space.

Prepping final specimen;
WaterCanHolder1.JPG

Doubles as a urinal! :) ;
WaterCanHolder2.JPG

Returned from powdercoat, including the custom tie-down rings(I didn't post a pic of the WaterJerryHolderV2 finally installed as it'd be black on black carpet = difficult to see)
WaterCan3.JPG

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Was able to capture the water jerry holder in good light today. Please excuse the dog hair--I need to now vacuum back there since we're all done with the fab'ing.

WaterCan4.JPG

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks Capo.

Now you need, flip up side windows.

http://wagongear.com/shop/flip-up-hatch-window/

Great looking mod.

Hehe, I actually had Kevin's window idea on my build sheet for my red G. There's a military Kasten that I found with them;
Afb003k.jpg
Really neat idea, would be great on the pass side of mine since that's the cooking area under the awning.

I do wish my rear windows were pop-out or slider at least so my dog could get some direct fresh air.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Nice work as usual. Great way to incorporate the tie downs near the floor.

Thanks! Just re-used the OEM tiedown hardware there at factory location.
My big red cargo box BARELY fits in that space now, in fact I had to flip it around for it to fit. At least it fits I suppose. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad