Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
Dave - And I ride all of these...

Litespeed Pisgah. Used to be my Race Bike.
134618569_18309c961b_o.jpg

Cervelo R2.5 with Record.
440448513_31dfd87b04.jpg

Pinarello Prince, also Record.
447659111_c62f4f4f3d.jpg

This one is really my "expedition bike" it's been every where, I do my URBAN expeditions on a Kona Jake the Snake that I havent taken pics of in a while.
This is an Older Fisher Zigguratt with an XT/XTR mix that I like A LOT. Though I am now lusting after a Specialized FSR 29er that will be mine...ohh yes...it will be mine....
2455698352_8592a4ce4d.jpg

2455698210_880300558e.jpg

Until recently, my kids didnt think of my trucks as anything more than a method of carrying my bicycles to places to ride.

squatch

Adventurer
nice bikes everyone!
my name is Dan and i ride. been in the bike biz since i was a teenager.worked for t. ritchey when i was 16 raced for r.c. at mantis bikes into my 20s and rode on shimano's skunk team for 10 years field testing xtr and xt groups. still ride some and love off road bike tours. only have a few bikes these days but have had some sweet rides over the years, one day i will put up my brian keener built mountain touring rig. thanks for sharing all the cool bikes folks.
happy trails...

madakira

Observer
Like this

This is me throwing myself off of a latter bridge, sorry about the bad picture my buddy is not the brightest photographer. the guy standing under me is 5' 11"

3869495994_03b224a564.jpg

And this is me standing under it after the fact. you can see the take off in the trees to my upper right and the landing at my feet to the left. the rock pile is the lip of the landing

3869508012_0a112f0a34.jpg

Wow......please tell me there was a giant foam pit sit up in the middle of the forest:Wow1:

EricBirk

Adventurer
I Love My Bike !
Just returned from Sedona, AZ, 200 trail miles on my new ride.
2010 Trek TF 9.9 SSL W/ZTR wheels / King Hubs / Crossmark UST Tires.

Madone 6.5 Road / Trek 9.9 Fully rigid short track racer @ 18 LBS / Motobicane Titanium Team FLy 29ER / On One Single Speed Dirt Jumper / Redline Team Pro Cross Bike / Tons of vintage Mountain bikes and Road bikes from the 80's.

Pic taken 3/24...

Nice bike and trucks!!! *drool*

eugene

Explorer
I know I have nothing near as fancy as the rest of you nor have we went on the long adventures but with my kids being two and four were starting out small and working our way up. So I currently have an "expedition halfwheeler".

df34e702.jpg

Wife and I have pair if Giant Cypres DX bikes with a CoPilot Limo seat on the back of hers for my daughter and the Giant Halfwheeler behind mine for my son. Since the Halfwheeler hitch doesn't clear the rack so I use some flat aluminum to make some lower mounts to bring it down to the height it was above an adult size bike tire. I'm trying to gear up and prepare for longer trips.

Here's a little closer pic of my mods.
56161daa.jpg

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
I ride mostly on pavement, since I lean towards the roadie world. Our riding season (non-snow/ice) is fairly short, so I try to make the most of it.

My main bike is a 2007 BMC SL01 Road Racer that I built up with Ultegra 6600 components. It's my race bike, my commuter, my "let's see what's over there" bike... pretty much my go-to bike.

My time trial bike is a 2008 Fuji Aloha CF2. It's a blast to ride, but I don't get out on it enough except for training and races. Too much gravel on the streets, and aerobars are not the most stable platform.

My latest bike is a Specialized 29er hardtail. Nothing special, but I plan on taking it out once the trails dry up a bit more and my fitness improves. Right now it's been limited to rides with the kids and a few short excursions to play around.

clalor

Observer
My name is Christian and I ride a '95 Specialized StumpJumper M2 FS Comp. I used to ride it on dirt, but lately it's seen much more duty on the wind trainer than anything else. Other than the saddle, seatpost, and carbon fork bridge, it's all original.

I bought it as a year end close out and it's always been a little too small for me. The longer seatpost helped, but the bars being lower than the saddle has only started to bother me the last few years. Tonight, I bought a stem riser to help with the fit and a set of thumb shifters to finally rid myself of the grip shift I've always hated. If those two things don't help, I'll be buying a new bike and turning this into a single speed. :D

878111706_hjuat-O.jpg

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hi,

Have been into cycling since my teens. I started with road racing, stopped for a while and then started with bicycle touring. Totally love it. The longest trip took 10 months through North America.
A little while ago I bought a KHS fully for $300. The bike is nothing special, but has disc breaks and a full deore set. I mostly ride on mountainbike trails here on the west coast. Amazing how much fun one can have with a cheap bike like that!

In the past, I also owned a recumbent. A HP-Velotechnik Streetmachine, a wonderful bike!!!!

salt spring island 2006 034.jpg

bike,tower,food 018.jpg

bike,tower,food 007.jpg

Trey1940

Hi, my name is Trey, and i ride a 2007 Trek 3900 3x8speed MTB. It's my primary mode of transportation (living on an island is nice) and keeps up well enough on trails. I like it, it fits me rather well, but I'm looking into a new Trek Fuel EX 8 :drool:

No pics yet..

dyogim

Explorer
Recently finished building up an 04 Santa Cruz bullit. Have taken it out a couple of times and out to Northstar at Tahoe....

P9221731.JPG

martini.ss

Name: Marty. Funny to see that I recognize a few bikes here from other forums. To say I'm a junkie is an understatement. I'm so bad that I've ventured over to the pusher side of things. I own a small bike shop, and distribute Singular's here in the States.
Swift: General Ss 29er that I used for racing this past season here in WI.
5096931316_f2f259b052_b.jpg

Gryphon: drop bar specific 29er. Also set up SS style.
4954391288_4373fcd9c2_b.jpg

Peregrine: Monster cross bike defined. 2.1 700c tire capable. Rack mounts for expeditions. Quite capable gravel machine.
5096335483_62e3d727e0_z.jpg

Jamis Kromo dirt jumper I use for pumptrack duties.
5056381312_282f3d1d78_z.jpg

Singular Kite 'cross rig.
4920612776_018c76dacf_b.jpg

favorite of the bunch, the Surly Pugsley. Its set up as a single speed now. Feels better that way.
4852985567_2405fa00be_b.jpg

Surly Pacer Roadie:
DSC_5266.JPG

Ox Brand 29er. My first Ti bike that has certainly whetted my appetite for this wonderous material.
DSC_6071.JPG

Anyways. I like bikes. I've got a couple more, but these here get consistent ride time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design