Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

My name is Mark, I live just south of Canadas capital city. My ride is a 2010 Trek 4500, it's not the best but I have some upgrades planned. Since returning to the sport I have only been riding in Kanata Lakes trails near Ottawa. I hope to try a couple new trails nearby this coming season as well as maybe a trip to Vermont.

kntr

Observer
My DH bike.
DSC03340.jpg

My AM bike.
DSC03129.jpg

My wifes do all bike.
DSC01914.jpg

My 8yo daughters do all bike.
DSC02585.jpg

Fast Orange

Hello fellow cycle fiends.

My name's Mike. I'm from Vancouver, Canada but ATM I'm living in China and have been living here for the past three years.

I ride this:

picture.php

It's my commuter and my touring bike and I'm planning a cross China tour for spring of next year. I'll be fitting it out with a rear rack and a set of fenders but I'm going to keep the bike set-up as it is.

S

Squatchout

You folks have got some real sweet rides. I'm surprised by all the ol' skool and brooks saddles. Sweet!
My name is Mark. Live in MD grew up in Indiana. Been riding about 45 years now. commuting, road trips, expeditions, century's, MTBing. Worked as a shop mechanic in the '80s. Don't ride much or long any more. Knees have been without cartilage for a while now. Waiting on the bionic stuff. I'm loving this forum.

A couple of pics of what's still in the collection these days. Most of my zillions of good pics are on film.
L to R.
78 Raleigh Super Course
"89 Ocshner Zeta(Campy Athena)
Mid '90s Graphtek carbon(Aegis made) Campy Athena and Suntour XC pro)
'89 specialized Rockcombo/ Factory drop bar MTB( has flats on in this pic)
1st gen Cannondale Delta V (lot's of ti parts on this one)
Old Mongoose hybrid
P6060013Small.jpg

My wife is tiny(4'11) here is her OFF ROAD/grivin/proflex 12" frame 26" whee MTB with original flex stem.
P6060014Small.jpg

The wife's road bikes.
Alan Aluminum 24" wheels early shimano 105 17lbs with brooks and no ti
47cm Aegis Swift carbon 105 triple group 650 wheels
My old Specialized Transition tri Bike un built in this pic.
P6060015Small.jpg

Hope you like my ol" skool!

HiLift Jack

Adventurer
Old School to New Wave

Time to put the DBack on a slow ride to the trailer park in the hands of a local teenager. Me I am rocking a new 29er that I swore I would never buy. 29er for a bike, that is a fad, no legs, like the hula hoop.

1148051174_4fkZJ-L.jpg

So I rode one and got hooked.

1148050803_GjpRG-L.jpg

Juan

Last edited:

nomad1964

A bike or 2.

My steeds of choice are:

Orange P2 - Old beast which I rode from NY to CA.
Felt -35 Roadie 'Oldie'
Airborne - Liberator hard Tail. Commuter / Kid hauler.
Airborne - Roadie converted to Tri
Gary Fisher Hi Fly Full Suspension

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
Dave - And I ride all of these...

Litespeed Pisgah. Used to be my Race Bike.
134618569_18309c961b_o.jpg

Cervelo R2.5 with Record.
440448513_31dfd87b04.jpg

Pinarello Prince, also Record.
447659111_c62f4f4f3d.jpg

This one is really my "expedition bike" it's been every where, I do my URBAN expeditions on a Kona Jake the Snake that I havent taken pics of in a while.
This is an Older Fisher Zigguratt with an XT/XTR mix that I like A LOT. Though I am now lusting after a Specialized FSR 29er that will be mine...ohh yes...it will be mine....
2455698352_8592a4ce4d.jpg

2455698210_880300558e.jpg

Until recently, my kids didnt think of my trucks as anything more than a method of carrying my bicycles to places to ride.

Just a little note, December 23rd, some jack**** stole my Ziggurat off my rack, right in front of my house.

Lock your stuff folks, with big ugly heavy chains. And always have ammunition ready.

alexfm

Explorer
My newest addition. :)

GEDC0039.jpg

Its my "freeride"/urban assault ride. :) (I make myself sound like a real bad-***, huh? Im not. :sombrero: )

chp-sk8

Adventurer
name

my name is lungs:victory: and I rock these :bike_rider:

ninerone9 SS
Superfly
Voodoo Wanga SS
Mt Cycle Shockwave 9.5 DH
Redline D440 1x9
Fuji cabon elite roadbike

Forum statistics

Threads