Official "My name is..." "And I ride..."

new at this

My Bike

All stock, I know, I know, but try to keep your jealousy in check...

Except for a taco'd front tire and a replaced gear crank. Probably both a result of my supple 230lbs 6'2" frame, especially since they were different incidences.

2005ish KHS Alite 1000
mybike.jpg

Sorry, no action shots... yet.

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Just bought a once ridden Trek 820 today off CL for $75 to get back on 2 wheels - as soon as I shed the weight of a small human I'll upgrade into something more serious. Action shots as soon as I can find a camera with panorama mode. It kills me that I had to sell all my classic Schwinn 5spd beach cruisers before we moved out here to the east coast.

jammyauto

Adventurer
I ride this Jamis to work and around town. I'm going to make a few changes to it and ship it to my dad's house in NY this september. We're going to ride across NY and VT.

unsorted%20003%20(Medium).jpg

This is my carbon fiber cannondale road bike. I've been putting about 70 miles per week on this bike

unsorted%20002%20(Medium).jpg

This is my new toy. I just go it yesterday. It's a stumpjumper FSR expert 29er. I see why people refer to these as "tractors". This thing is big and slow and feels like it will roll over anything. It's my first mountain bike. I look forward to getting it out on the trails and looking out for trees and rocks instead of cars.

unsorted%20001%20(Medium).jpg

jpvm

Explorer
Hi, I'm JP, I'm a fan of hardtails and I ride a :

'06 Trek 6500 Disc (Hydr.)
Modified with :

Rockshock Reba Team with poplock fork
XT hollowshaft II cranks
XT front brake levers
XT front derraileur
XT rear derrailleur
Selle Italia SLR ti seat
Answer Carbon handlebar
Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.25 rear tire
Schwalbe Nobby Nic front 2.1 tire
Cateye computer
RaceFace Deus Tee

dsc05223g.jpg

dsc05222i.jpg

WheelTired

Observer
I Love My Bike !
Just returned from Sedona, AZ, 200 trail miles on my new ride.
2010 Trek TF 9.9 SSL W/ZTR wheels / King Hubs / Crossmark UST Tires.

Madone 6.5 Road / Trek 9.9 Fully rigid short track racer @ 18 LBS / Motobicane Titanium Team FLy 29ER / On One Single Speed Dirt Jumper / Redline Team Pro Cross Bike / Tons of vintage Mountain bikes and Road bikes from the 80's.

Pic taken 3/24...

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Pic taken 3/24...

How are you liking the 2x10? I've worked on a couple brand new bikes with it and I liked it then, but I haven't see any drivetrains with more than 400-500 miles on them.

What the heck is that thing on your front valve stem? That's alot of rotational weight!

-Chris

WheelTired

Observer
Hey Bike Mechanic...
So far so good, still not Shimano smooth @ all, but a step in the right direction I guess. I was on the 2x9 FSA/XTR last year and loved it, without issues. hoping the same with this drive system.

Funny you should notice my Bar-Barian shock activated light, daughter gave this to me for Christmas.....who cares about a little rotational weight when you have a gift from your little one rolling with you !!

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
Hey Bike Mechanic...
So far so good, still not Shimano smooth @ all, but a step in the right direction I guess. I was on the 2x9 FSA/XTR last year and loved it, without issues. hoping the same with this drive system.

Funny you should notice my Bar-Barian shock activated light, daughter gave this to me for Christmas.....who cares about a little rotational weight when you have a gift from your little one rolling with you !!

I run 2x9 xtr on one of my hardtails, and really like it. That big rear cog on the sram appeals to me. I had a co-worker about 7-8 years ago set up his epic with 2x10. He used Campy Record flatbar shifters and drivetrain. He did it more as an anti-shimano move though.

I like the valve cap! It has character!

-Chris

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
there aren't too many downhillers on here.

My name is brennan riddle. From socal.
I ride downhill/ freeride.

Demo 9:
CIMG0373.jpg

This is what i do with the demo 9:
CopyofIMG_4174.jpg

Also, i dirt jump a specialized p2.

benlittle

Adventurer
My name is Benito and I ride this... Spec Enduro SL

attachment.php

Attachments