Offroad Teardrop - SawTooth XL

alfio

Adventurer
Jess,

i'm merely restating the obvious here but really nice work. solid concept and good craftsmanship, well done.

quick question, did you move the pics off photobucket? i tried the link you posted early on but i'm not having success viewing those. thanks

alfio

Joanne

Adventurer
champion.gif
Congratulations!!
champion.gif

I know it's been a long time for you. I hope that you can get caught up on everything and get your trailer completed. We're all looking forward to seeing the final result.
up2.gif

Joanne
Nope... Just CPES and automotive paint...

Good news! I finally scored a real job. IT tech support for a local insurance company. Today is the end of my first week.... I never thought i'd be out of a job for 14 months but its finally over.... So as soon as the weather breaks and i can get some finances squared away I'll be pulling the sawtooth out of storage and buying some CPES :)

:wings:

stomperxj

Explorer
Jess,

i'm merely restating the obvious here but really nice work. solid concept and good craftsmanship, well done.

quick question, did you move the pics off photobucket? i tried the link you posted early on but i'm not having success viewing those. thanks

alfio

I locked the account down for various reasons. PM me and i'll give you the password to it...

champion.gif
Congratulations!!
champion.gif

I know it's been a long time for you. I hope that you can get caught up on everything and get your trailer completed. We're all looking forward to seeing the final result.
up2.gif

Joanne

Thanks Joanne! I'm getting pretty excited to get it out and work on it this spring... I'll be posting here as soon as i make a little progress...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone ;)

Bullseye240

Adventurer
I can't wait till you get caught up and can continue the work on this beautiful trailer. I keep checking to see if there is anything new and am slightly disappointed when I don't find anything. But I know your getting back on your feet and wish you well. Really can't wait to see this work of art completed. Till then I'll just have to wait.

Jim

gasman

Adventurer
I can't wait till you get caught up and can continue the work on this beautiful trailer. I keep checking to see if there is anything new and am slightly disappointed when I don't find anything. But I know your getting back on your feet and wish you well. Really can't wait to see this work of art completed. Till then I'll just have to wait.

Jim

nwjohn

I just wanted you to know that i have enjoyed every post and update you have done. You do good clean work and i am looking forward to more posts in the future hoping to see the completion of the camper. thanks again

Toyotero

Explorer
Stomper,

X4

I just discovered your thread, and I must say that you've done some incredible work. I'd like to say that you are an inspiration to the rest of us that are considering building an off-road camper, but I feel almost more intimidated than inspired. ha ha! :p

I'm looking forward to see how painting it works for you. I'm planning to do something similar: primer/paint/bedliner/etc.

Best of luck.

Toyotero :sombrero:

Last edited:

stomperxj

Explorer
UPDATES!!

Thanks for all the positive encouragement and patience everyone! Finally got something done to the trailer this weekend after being on hiatus for about 9-10 months.... Bondo and sanding time...

Filled screw and staple holes and also trimmed the hatch area. I'm changing how the hatch fits on the back. I'm extending the hatch out to the edge of the body and that way i'll have a double seal on 3 sides. I also have a helper now :) Nicole is totally gung ho about helping and is a good motivator and wants to get it done

Here's some pics:

wnobhTw.jpg

SmZbL9w.jpg

yRNGzIo.jpg

ned4AQ9.jpg

2gEupkd.jpg

xHilaH6.jpg

nPoYqWh.jpg

Updates in a couple weeks hopefully!!

Last edited:

Bullseye240

Adventurer
Glad to see you back at it. Looking Good!! BTW I'm am so going to swipe your trailers profile for mine when I get back to the states to start it.

stomperxj

Explorer
More progress this weekend. Nicole and I have been sanding like mad off and on for a couple weeks. I'm pretty sick of it... :)

I put a 3/8" radius on the outside edges to make it look a little better and to prevent any paint chippage later on. Also i added 1" to the outside of the hatch on both ends since i changed the way the hatch lays on the back. I am going to have to get some different hinges for the hatch. The piano hinge isn't going to cut it. I cut the hole for the Fantastic Vent today too... Here are the pics:

Nicole laying up some more bondo

MK3jWqk.jpg

8P1ccqi.jpg

fo1LJgR.jpg

More progress soon hopefully. The next big step is CPES...

Jess

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk