Offroad Teardrop - SawTooth XL

scarydriver

Observer
Wow, sorry to hear about your problems, Jess. You're obviously a very talented and competent guy, so I'm sure something will come up soon! Stay positive! :beer:

stomperxj

Explorer
Nope not abandoned... Found a ****ty job but its not enough to get things paid off very quick. Still lookin for a better one so I can pull the trailer out of storage when the weather breaks and get after it. Still hoping to use it this summer. You guys will be the first to know when I get back after it...

Thanks for checkin in on me :)

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Maybe you should open a pay pal account and let folks on here donate. Perhaps CJJ98XJ would put some in so he can get your plans! haha

frogstar7055

Yep,that's a scratch.
Just read thru this thread and this is one of the nicest homebuilt trailers I think I've ever seen.:bowdown:

Hope it all works out and your sleeping in it this summer.:campfire:

RJ40

Adventurer
Wow! That thing is amazing! If you don't get a job doing Cadd stuff, you should seriously consider doing custom trailer builds!!!:clapsmile

Cheers :exclaim:

stomperxj

Explorer
First off nice job.

Are you going to "skin" the outside with aluminum or the like?

Nope... Just CPES and automotive paint...

Good news! I finally scored a real job. IT tech support for a local insurance company. Today is the end of my first week.... I never thought i'd be out of a job for 14 months but its finally over.... So as soon as the weather breaks and i can get some finances squared away I'll be pulling the sawtooth out of storage and buying some CPES :)

:wings:

fj40fax

Observer
Great news on the job! Can't imagine being out of work for 14 months, glad you pulled through. I hope you get lots of gas money bonuses for the summer months so you can enjoy your great work.

bucketosudz

Explorer
Nope... Just CPES and automotive paint...

Good news! I finally scored a real job. IT tech support for a local insurance company. Today is the end of my first week.... I never thought i'd be out of a job for 14 months but its finally over.... So as soon as the weather breaks and i can get some finances squared away I'll be pulling the sawtooth out of storage and buying some CPES :)

:wings:

Congratulations Jess! We all wish you the best and speedy return to the Trailer!!! Wooohoooo!

Rbertalotto

Explorer
WOW! Thank you for some great ideas as I start my slide in truck camper. Especially the doors.............Love'em

I cross drilled it and put a roll pin thru it so it would keep the right tension on the washer

I might have used a castle nut with a cotter pin here as this will allow adjustment as the surfaces wear. No biggie, just an observation.
BTW, if this coupler you built fails, I'd be surprised. You did a great job and it will be plenty strong for the application.

Battery Box.....I'm a boatbuilder and I can tell you, I'd weld up a cage for this battery box and bolt it to the floor to support this plywood box. There is no way that edge glueing and screwing into plywood will hold up over time. these trailers take the same pounding as a boat does, and those types of joints fail everytime.

One point on selling plans.......I drew a set of plans on building a shooting bench and offered them for sale on my web page for $5 a copy (www.rvbprecision.com). To date I've sold over 500 copies! ($2500). A set of plans for your trailer would easily bring $25.......I would bet you would sell 100 sets in the first week. Set up a paypal and have at it. The information I gleened just from reading your post here is worth a few $$ to me. Some of us would donate a few nickles just for you to finish it so we could see the end result!

Good luck with the new job......:wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk