OK4WD Daily Driver / Overland Rubicon

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Is that black stuff like insulation or something? where did you get it?

That is the Mopar Headliner Kit, really happy with how it dampens the noise on the highway and keeps cabin temperatures consistent. Plus you can attach patches! :D

HRPINDC

Adventurer
Thanks we had a great time, I will post some more updates tonight! :) You should consider the Vermont Overland Rally this October, great time and awesome people!

I was planning to go, until my dumb sister-in-law decided to ruin it by getting married that weekend! Of all the inconsiderate things to do, she didn't even check with me......

rino

Another shot from Burlington on the way to Grand Isle for the night, I have a spot for VW vans. :)

0268213B-4BA9-4F90-9387-B368C662D9D9_zpslr0xxuky.jpg

A rainy drive into Grand Isle

AC28FA88-7F29-4BD5-AF7B-2809EBCF68E0_zps8ynicfb6.jpg

rino

Despite the Rubicon being loaded up fairly good with the tent, gear and fridges we averaged around 17.4mpg. This is keeping it under 70mph and with an easy foot, easyyyyy.

3923FB5F-A000-4676-95A1-BCDC4F753A70_zpssjliy2ow.jpg

And the bounty of the trip :eek:

89B4FA13-9A7C-4ED1-9DC1-B5096DF7E48A_zpszvzmshce.jpg

AC00A90F-9FFC-4E99-9691-C47A645BA435_zpsjndavjsl.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
This would be the swashbuckling adventure!

An awesome trip, with a pirate's bounty. Doesn't get much better than that! Arrrr, arrrr, arrr! :friday:

Great pictures! :drool:

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Sweet build man! I met you 2 weeks ago at OK while I was waiting for my tires to be mounted (35s on my Anvil JKUR) and was drooling over your Jeep. Looking forward to stopping by before the Vermont Overland Rally to talk shop and maybe look into a James Baroud RTT.

Jeff

rino

Sweet build man! I met you 2 weeks ago at OK while I was waiting for my tires to be mounted (35s on my Anvil JKUR) and was drooling over your Jeep. Looking forward to stopping by before the Vermont Overland Rally to talk shop and maybe look into a James Baroud RTT.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks man and it was great meeting you! I'm looking forward to the OEX to VOR pit stop, should be a good time with good people. :beer: I would be happy to let you use a Baroud RTT if we have any left over displays from OEX.

-Rin

rino

Not this year. Last year's guides (not Jim) will keep me from attending this JJ again.

That's a bummer to hear, this is actually my first year going since about 2007. Usually Jim is the only one who can get off of work for this event since it is a really event heavy time of year for us. I believe I will actually be a trail guide this year, which excites me. I love walking people through tough spots and showing them the capabilities of there Jeeps. Hoping for the best!

rino

Yep, 2015's have an Alpine setup in the trunk cubby. It's a good and bad thing haha

rino

Being overlanding outdoorsman but also craft beer junkies got us thinking, how can we enjoy and share a draft brew at the campsite? A kegerator would be great, but space and mobile durability are major roadblocks... Then we started think of jockey boxes, great because you can keep kegs around 65-80* and chill it while serving it. But where would you get ice off the beaten path or on day 2 or 3?

All of this brought us back to thinking of our fridge freezers. We run them already in all of our rigs and they keep our food and beverages cold while being extremely efficient. So what if we could combine the ice-less efficiency of the fridge freezer with the concept of a jockey box? To the drawing board!!! :D

4CB8775D-4689-46E2-A305-7105CC0655CB_zpsyi8bekbp.jpg

We ordered up all stainless steel components from micro matic.

E6A6C2DE-9DC8-442B-BEBD-37A4071E0C87_zpszmrfbbwb.jpg

The other needed component was a "box" that could house the coil and needed glycol to cool incoming beer. We found a RCI fuel cell that met our measurements perfectly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online