Onboard Air picture thread. Show off your OBA systems

Rogue

Zombie Response Team Lead
As the thread title says: Show off your OBA systems. I'm looking for ideas on where to mount all the equipment on my rig.

My setup:
Viair 480C
Aluminum 5 gal tank (Option 1)
4 x Size 'D' steel high pressure tanks (Option 2)

I haven't installed anything yet.

v_man

Explorer
what size tires ?

I'd look into an Air Zenith OB2 instead, 2x-3x the CFM output ... Weak CFM's on the VIAIR and the check valves on them are known to suck . If you go viair I'd at least consider duals , you're probably gonna go that way in the future anyway... or better yet get a York :sombrero:

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Puma for me. Front and rear air lockers and an air chuck. Mounted in the back of my 55.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 95

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Since I didnt need my spare tire space under my truck any longer, I cut off the brackets that had supported the spare and used the space to mount a Viair compressor and a 5 gallon tank. Runs from a switch on the console, lines feed both an air outlet on the rear bumper and also fires a Grover airhorn mounted in the front bumper.

IMG_4695.jpg

Rearbumperairoutlet.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We run the CKMTA12 comp from ARB with 2.5 gallon tank. Instagrip hose, quick disconnects for the front & rear.

600_OBA01.JPG

All mounts to the D side frame rail on the vans. Works well and takes up some unused space!

600_OBA01_Installed.JPG

Ssyork

Rearbumperairoutlet.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You might think about covering the air coupler with something if you do much dirt or sand. I've had 2 on the back of my rock crawler for 5+ years and after a few trips to Moab (and tons of other trips) they are getting pretty sticky to use. Power washing and lube help but still not smooth.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

02TahoeMD

Explorer
You might think about covering the air coupler with something if you do much dirt or sand. I've had 2 on the back of my rock crawler for 5+ years and after a few trips to Moab (and tons of other trips) they are getting pretty sticky to use. Power washing and lube help but still not smooth.

Yep I keep a rubber cap over it, and keep the innards treated with Ballistol. The cap was designed as a lug nut cover but I found it fit perfectly on the air coupling.

Ssyork

Nice, any chance you would have a link for one of those? Or did you just pick it up local?

snekvasil

Adventurer
We run the CKMTA12 comp from ARB with 2.5 gallon tank. Instagrip hose, quick disconnects for the front & rear.

600_OBA01.JPG

All mounts to the D side frame rail on the vans. Works well and takes up some unused space!

600_OBA01_Installed.JPG

Do you have to have a tank in order to use the OBA like that? Or could you just have the ARB compressor, without the tank?

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Nice, any chance you would have a link for one of those? Or did you just pick it up local?

I have had them here at my house for awhile - leftovers from a previous project. I got them off the web, I am fairly certain this is the site - Color Lugs

Bronco bobby

Observer
How important is duty cycle. I have been looking at a system. most likely a large compressor and two 2.5 gallon tanks. To run an air tool, is 100% duty cycle necessary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater