Onboard Air picture thread. Show off your OBA systems

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Not the best pics.
York mounted in a ScoutII
145 psi system with regulated side to power the ARB's.
Ben on here for 10-12 years.

P1000652resize.jpg
P1000655resize.jpg

Darrell

LiveWire64

I built my own system on my 66 LandCruiser. Has a York compressor,custom air block on the firewall,tank in rear & couplers front & rear.
Works really good.
5-7-94d.html

5-7-94e.html

5-7-94c.html

Attachments

• 5794c-vi.jpg
    5794c-vi.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 5794d-vi.jpg
    5794d-vi.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

RangerXLT

Adventurer
No tank mounted up, but my air compressor is hard mounted with a low key outlet.
d34597906aa8d375397c0b3873b4a466.jpg
a3f7073d9fa5d9cb57d09ca98e72f4d0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7echo

Adventurer
Wish the york would work on my 4runner. It seems so much easier to do it on the older trucks. I am afraid it would end up being a nasty kludge to mount to my truck.

Scoutn79

Adventurer
Sanden(sp) makes a smaller body rotary A/C compressor that has been used with success for OBAMA systems. I think they wee used on Subarus.

Darrell

TommyG

Adventurer
We run the CKMTA12 comp from ARB with 2.5 gallon tank. Instagrip hose, quick disconnects for the front & rear.

600_OBA01.JPG

All mounts to the D side frame rail on the vans. Works well and takes up some unused space!

600_OBA01_Installed.JPG

How does the Arb stand up to being wet/muddy and washed off repeatedly? I'd really like to go with a similar setup but am concerned with killing the compressor. I don't make a habit of swimming with my truck but they will still get hogged up quite a bit being mounted in that location.

v_man

Explorer
How does the Arb stand up to being wet/muddy and washed off repeatedly? I'd really like to go with a similar setup but am concerned with killing the compressor. I don't make a habit of swimming with my truck but they will still get hogged up quite a bit being mounted in that location.

wow ya , it seems like it would be quite exposed to moisture right there ... also curious to know how it does there ...

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
IMAG0609.JPG
IMAG0615.jpg
Mine is a Warn SPI mounted in front of the radiator on my Dodge Hemi. 12CFM free air flow, 100psi working pressure, don't remember the duty cycle but have run framing nailers all day with no problems. Simple installation because the pressure switch and small tank are part of the compressor, so does not require any plumbing or a tank. Has its own on/off switch but I ran it through a Blue Sea Systems switch (the big red one) to completely isolate it from the battery. I use a crutch tip over the air line connector to keep out dust and grit. Don't need to worry about air lockers because my truck has electric lockers. Warn has discontinued these compressors but there may still be some around.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor

wow ya , it seems like it would be quite exposed to moisture right there ... also curious to know how it does there ...

We've done a bunch of them and so far so good. One compressor has had to be replaced and there's no direct evidence that it was due to moisture or the mounting location. If you read the ARB installation guide they basically tell you that there's NO good location for these compressors!

highdesertranger

Adventurer
sorry I didn't see this earlier that people asked questions about my York set up. as far as the clutch they have an electromagnetic clutch. so you just run the clutch wire to a pressure switch and it runs just like a regular shop compressor turns on at 125psi, cuts off at 145psi. as for the bracket I made it, 1st made a plate to bolt to the compressor. then made a plate to bolt to the head with a pivot and clamp bolt. 3rd made a slip plate that was adjustable, even put a 1/2" square hole in it for adjustment so you can use a 1/2" drive ratchet or breaker bar to tighten it. then I welded the slip plate to the compressor plate. this was a little tricky to get the alignment right but wasn't to bad. if anybody in so cal wants to take a look let me know. like I said I had a viair and the York blows it away. btw I used the largest York available, I have 2 smaller ones if anybody wants one. highdesertranger

TommyG

Adventurer
We've done a bunch of them and so far so good. One compressor has had to be replaced and there's no direct evidence that it was due to moisture or the mounting location. If you read the ARB installation guide they basically tell you that there's NO good location for these compressors!

Thanks for the reply. I can imagine the instructions: Don't mount it where it might get hot, wet, dirty or vibrated too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach