Our "new" Tiger...

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Storage...

I took some pics during our post-trip wash/detail. I thought some of you might be interested in seeing the storage areas under the couch. We keep tools, spares, tire jack, leveling block and a few other misc. items in the area next to the wheel well. The plastic cube is the water tank (notice it's semi-transparent so water level is easy to check). Tire chains and the smaller of the two tables are to the right of the water tank:
1147177376_83PSZ-M.jpg

It's hard to tell from the photo but the compartments are only half-full. We also barely use half of the space available in the upper cabinets. So far, we've never lacked for storage.

Here are all the cushions getting ready for a steam clean. The big one is the mattress for the upper bunk:
1147176996_mL4zd-M.jpg

Last edited:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Another Must-Have Item...

After a shower, the floor of the bathroom stays damp for awhile. In wet weather and without air circulation it might stay damp all day. We used to throw a towel on the floor to keep the bottom of our shoes from getting wet when using the bathroom. It worked OK but we figured some sort of rubber floor mat would be better.

West Marine had a perfect fix:

1147176778_spwr4-M.jpg

suntinez

Explorer
I need that mat. Love this thread, thanks for posting pics of your latest trip. Awesome on the stats, it is amazing how much more I get out with a comfortable, reliable rig ... I picked mine up Sep 2008 and have put 38,000 miles on it since then :Wow1:

Still jealous of all your XL storage, and your super-clean mods! Saw a nice one in Santa Cruz a couple weeks ago, had a bunch of solar panels and TV-antenna stuff up top.

Are you happy with the cushions in back? I've been thinking about trying to re-upholster mine to be a little more cushy if I can make the geometry work.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Hi Linda,
You get my award for Coolest Trip of 2010 for your Tiger adventure last summer.:drool:
Are you happy with the cushions in back? I've been thinking about trying to re-upholster mine to be a little more cushy if I can make the geometry work.
I know what you mean about the geometry. Provan was clever in making all the pieces fit. Keep me posted if you come up with something. Our only issue with the cushions is the color. If they weren't still in "like new" condition I would've already had them redone. It would be cool to find a comfy but water-resistant material.

suntinez

Explorer
Might be the one on below link that is for sale.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/rvs/2144141210.html

Mark

That's Jonny's rig (ultrask824 in the tiger group), great build - a good find for someone looking. This is the one I saw:

tiger1.jpg

tiger2.jpg

HMR I've been thinking about your main propane valve muckiness. I leave mine on all the time (except at gas stations) when traveling because I'm running the fridge on propane. I know there's lots of discussion on the rv forums about whether that's ok or not but it seems most people do it.

I had to trim my front mudflaps when I put the new tires on, but enough left on mine I've not run into that problem.

mtran2000

Observer
That's Jonny's rig (ultrask824 in the tiger group), great build - a good find for someone looking. This is the one I saw:

tiger1.jpg

tiger2.jpg

HMR I've been thinking about your main propane valve muckiness. I leave mine on all the time (except at gas stations) when traveling because I'm running the fridge on propane. I know there's lots of discussion on the rv forums about whether that's ok or not but it seems most people do it.

I had to trim my front mudflaps when I put the new tires on, but enough left on mine I've not run into that problem.

Nice looking rig. I wonder how many Tigers are out there. I am guessing less than a 1000 since they are pretty much made when an order comes in and not mass produced. I am thinking less than 100 a year are built. No way of really knowing though.

Mark

1995 Dodge Tiger 1 of 10 Made

This is my Dodge Ram 2500 Tiger Provan. It was the first ever built on a Dodge chassis and plus, only 1 out of 10 built. It's a pretty desired package: king cab, Cummins diesel, 4x4, and a factory 4 inch lift. This is the only one I've ever seen. There is probably only 4 or 5 out there including mine now.

100_5840.jpg

mtran2000

Observer
This is my Dodge Ram 2500 Tiger Provan. It was the first ever built on a Dodge chassis and plus, only 1 out of 10 built. It's a pretty desired package: king cab, Cummins diesel, 4x4, and a factory 4 inch lift. This is the only one I've ever seen. There is probably only 4 or 5 out there including mine now.

100_5840.jpg

There is one for sale very similar in the link below. Or did you just buy it?

http://illinois.freervshopper.com/r...van-cummins-diesel-4x4-rare-1-of-10-made.html

Mark

Last edited:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
New Gravity Water Fill...

The door to the Tiger's gravity water fill fell off during last summer's Canada trip. I called Provan to get the correct part # for a replacement and learned that they've switched to a newer, improved design. I found the new model on the shelf at our local Camping World.

Old:
931496808_oWUoQ-M.jpg

New:
1164038493_Fnb6R-M.jpg

1164020450_M7rbF-M.jpg

Last edited:

ThomD

Explorer
Gee, 3 pictures sure makes that job look simple. I bet it took a bit of work to do the exchange. Nice job (as always).

I tried to get my wife interested in a 2WD version for sale locally and and said, "I don't see the extra appeal of self contained, we have a tent." I could not decide if that was good or bad thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman