Outback Proven: long range fuel tank for tacoma

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I was informed the Tacoma tanks did not make the container because of an emissions control device that has to be installed before sending. The part wasn't up to standard, so it's be sourced by a second company. I informed those who ordered them and i will post up when they are sent.

It's better to get this right than deal with it after they are installed.

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
Just to let everyone know the Tacoma tanks have left OZ and are in route to Vegas. I will e-mail those who ordered one tomorrow.

enzo

Explorer
Yes, Gary, The Tacoma tank is a main replacement. In OZ main replacements are common on smaller light vehicles to keep the weight in the center of the vehicle. The FJ will have a main replacement and an Aux. for a total of over 60 gal. of fuel.

:eek:

Ramjet

Explorer

That as well. But and there is always a but. 60 gallons @ $4 a gallon = $240 a fill up. Yikes. Which I know all equals out in the end. Plus, 60 gallons weighs in @ 480# in fuel alone. Plus all of your gear and passengers would probably put you just at or over GVWR.

Shadetree

Per gallon weight....

That as well. But and there is always a but. 60 gallons @ $4 a gallon = $240 a fill up. Yikes. Which I know all equals out in the end. Plus, 60 gallons weighs in @ 480# in fuel alone. Plus all of your gear and passengers would probably put you just at or over GVWR.

Not to be picky, but gasoline weighs a tad over six pounds per gallon, putting the full tank weight at 360 lbs. That leaves room to bring Mamma!

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater