Outback Proven: long range fuel tank for tacoma

Jeff H

Adventurer
Is Outback Proven still in business? I can't find an actual website and all other online info I can find is old. I sent a PM to flyndrive with no response (it's only been a few days). Are these tanks still available? I'll be in the market sometime in the next 6 months or so. The CES tank seems like it needs a bit more refinement regarding mounting and clearance issues.

I believe I read in another thread that they closed shop.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Bummer. I hate to see a small business close up. Any idea if someone took over the import of these tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Outback Proven has closed their doors and at this time a new US distributor for Kaymar, Long Range, Piranha, etc hasn't been formalized/found.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it. Is it necessary to have an 'importer' for something like this or can you just buy it direct and bring it in? I've never bought anything that wasn't available from a U.S. distributor. I have several months before I'll be ready to buy so maybe they'll have someone set up by then.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
You could absolutely buy direct from Long Range in Aus, shipping is just going to sting a bit :D

Yeah, shipping wouldn't be great! I have time...I'll figure it out in a few months, I guess. I'll be sure to update this thread with what I find out. Everyone loves to laugh at the guy that paid way too much for some truck toy. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
I just ordered an LRA tank direct from Australia. Since the conversion rate is .77 to 1 it nearly paid all the shipping. Great time to buy

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Well, time to shoot an email off to LRA! I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

*email sent*

Last edited:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
For all of you guys with Fj Cruisers, Man-A-Fre has had tank options in CONUS for years. I put one in my father's TT FJ. There should be pics in the build thread somewhere in here.

dcoy

Adventurer
For all of you guys with Fj Cruisers, Man-A-Fre has had tank options in CONUS for years. I put one in my father's TT FJ. There should be pics in the build thread somewhere in here.

I was going to say: "but Man-A-Fre is no more", then I noticed they still have a (somewhat downsized) web site. Not sure if it's operational though. Given their problems with quality control (check them out on FJCRUISERFORUMS), I would make sure they will still be around if what's left of Man-A-Fre is still selling the tanks. That's if you expect any post purchase service.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Got a quote from LRA for a 2nd Gen Tacoma tank - $1200 AUD for the tank and $390 AUD for shipping to Vancouver, WA port. That's under $1300 total in US Dollars. I'll be placing my order shortly (today/tomorrow). Approximately 2 weeks for them to build the tank and another 28 days sailing time. I'll pick it up at the port...it's about 2 miles from my work.

**50% deposit needed since the tacoma tank is built to order...they don't stock it. Can't blame them for that.**

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues