Overland Expo West 2015

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Wife and I plan on leaving from Yuma tomorrow, the wife is afraid that it will be a muddy mess, is this all outdoors, I might make the drive alone. Thanks.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Well, it is mostly outdoors, and there has been some rain and will be more today. It hasn't kept us from having fun setting up, and it doesn't seem to be affecting the spirits of those who have already set up camp and vendor spots. I thought I was used to the variety of awesome vehicles that come out of the woodwork for this event, but my neck is sore from snapping around to see new ones.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Anyone know how conditions are for a 2WD truck? I was going to camp off Schnebly and driving to the Expo Sunday morning via Pinewood/240 out of Munds. If it seems too sketchy, I'll just take my 4WD Sierra.

I plan on taking the 2WD since it has a camper shell for me to sleep in. If pavement travel is fine and clear I should be good.

Dratwagon

Adventurer
Thanks, the wife really wants to go but is recovering from surgery so she needs a stable ground and I know how that red dirt gets up there, that and because of all this we need to bring the soft riding 2wd.
Thanks.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Rolling up the I-17 this afternoon 4pm ish from Phoenix, Dinner somewhere on the drive… 7pm Mad Max at Flagstaff Harkins! 10pm indoor camping at the Comfort Inn!

See ya Saturday in the mud!

Silver Jeep KJU… with the snorkel! Honk or say hello!

cs0430

Has anyone made an Expo West Instagram # so those of us unfortunate enough to not be there in person can see pictures of the expo if anyone takes them?

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Ditto on that. We are shooting video this year too & pics… I'd be willing to post a few come monday somewhere….

stormlover

Adventurer
Dang, don't hear much of that here. Equipment and copper from construction sites are the hot ticket items.

A friend sent me a pic from Parks where 7" has already fallen.

Attachments

• Parks_snow.jpeg
    Parks_snow.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 41

topofpalomar

Enthusiast
Got here a couple of hours ago.

image.jpg
Parked off by ourselves. No one has run us off yet so I guess we're okay here. Was snowing a few minutes ago but stopped for now. Looking forward to checking out the rigs tomorrow.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
We had a great time today. Made some good deals, some some cool stuff, and had a great time. I'll take this years weather over last years dust!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy