Overland The Third. ARB WJ inside!

paroxysym

Adventurer
great build man, perfect platform- all the OEM skids, rocker guards, and quadradrive... love the JK moabs on the WJ

Lecoq

Explorer
Thank you.

Finally got the bumper back from paint and installed it along with another ARB bumper on my friend's 4th gen 4Runner. It was a long evening. We didn't have time to install lights.

Here's the semi final product:

Dark shot of the 3 trucks together:

I'm on the fence about the black rubber bumpers that go on the front of the ARB. Not too sure if I'll install them or not.

Little Foot

Crawler/Overlander
Wow that looks great color matched. Some colors it looks funky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

onemanarmy

Explorer
Love the attention to detail that a color matched ARB shows.....and for the love of all things holy, do not get bushwhackers. There is not one rig that they look correct on.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

CRolandLJ

Adventurer
That looks super sharp, like it came from the factory. Great Job. I love to see a clean WJ. I have always thought they were great looking vehicles.

Lecoq

Explorer
Man that looks SWEET:drool:

Did you notice any sag from the added weight?

So far nothing. Mind you I have OME heavy duty springs so it should hold up. I'll be better able to tell when the winch goes in.

Wow that looks great color matched. Some colors it looks funky

I looked at pictures of ARB bumpers for days to try and figure out if I should get it painted or not. I'm very happy with the results.

Thanks for the comments.

Lecoq

Explorer
I had some time yesterday to install the lights. I decided on going with the IPF 900XS combo kit. There is a lot of options for lights on the market: LED, HID, high output halogen. It makes it hard to choose. I would love to have ARB Intensity lights but I don't really have room in the budget for a set of $1600 lights at this point. I went with the IPF since I will be using them a lot more in winter (Halogen creates more heat to melt ice and snow off the lense) and also because of the look of the lights themselves. They look like they are made for the ARB bumper. The fact that I'm an ARB addict also made the choice simple. I will also be installing LED lights at some point.

Chris00WJ

Truck looks great! Im sure I'll see you driving around once Im back in the country.

I've got a 2000 WJ Laredo with a 3" IRO lift, soon to be finished flatland4x4 front winch bumper (final welding needs to be done), np242, same 32" JK takeoff's you've got etc. Its silver in color. If you see me driving around, give me a wave. Im planning on upgrading to atleast 4" and long arms soon. Possibly the 6". I havent decided yet.

Im excited to see where this build goes!

Lecoq

Explorer
Hi Chris. Shoot me a PM when you get back in town. I'd love to have a look at your Jeep. What part of town are you in?

Chris00WJ

Im in the SE, but I work up north. I usually dont commute in the Jeep due to gas prices unless Im working on the car or I need the 4x4 tho ;) I'll shoot you a PM when Im back for sure. Should be early June.

Lecoq

Explorer
Finally got a bit of time to give it a bath today. Not much new since last update. just got back from a week in Florida so it's a bit slow going on the Jeep side but holidays are always welcome. I'm hoping to get it ready for a good road trip in early July if all goes well.

Also got some more goodies on the way.

I installed the roof box back on it. With camping season coming up I'm sure I can use extra dry storage space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp