OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

dstefan

I’ve found myself wanting some more flat spots for small items (phone/tablet, coffee cup or beer, small utensils while cooking inside, etc), so made two of these out of scrap materials. They clip into the bed slide rail or the 8020 of my cabinet, and are easily removed and stowed. Didn’t want anything permanently in the way.

Seems like 8020 would make something like these brackets, but they don’t. Easy to bend up though.

1667855550857.jpeg
1667855614047.jpeg

fmac

Not a build thread but I'm offering up my March built spot to anyone who's looking to put an order in. Shoot me a DM if interested. The deposit goes through OVRLND so the only thing needed to transfer you to our position in the queue is for us to notify Jay via email (and then him and Maggie will refund me directly).

dstefan

You should also post this in the for sale thread too.

DK if you look at WandertheWest.com at all, but there’s a guy there who’s been asking me questions and says he’s gonna buy an Ovrlnd after he sells his rig. He might want to pick up your deposit. Look under Truck Campers/Hallmark and Other.

fmac

You should also post this in the for sale thread too.

DK if you look at WandertheWest.com at all, but there’s a guy there who’s been asking me questions and says he’s gonna buy an Ovrlnd after he sells his rig. He might want to pick up your deposit. Look under Truck Campers/Hallmark and Other.

Thanks much

7000'Tundra

Anyone running a Decked drawer system in their OVRLND? I am thinking some drawers would be nice as well as a full deck. Thoughts?

KellyM

Adventurer
Anyone running a Decked drawer system in their OVRLND? I am thinking some drawers would be nice as well as a full deck. Thoughts?
I built my own drawer set with a full deck on top of the wheel wells. I love the storage capacity. I pick up my OVRLND top in early December. With the extra bedding top, I will have full standing room on top of the drawer deck with the top popped and I'm 6'2". It was one of the reasons we went with OVRLND. I'll post photos once it is installed on my F150. @bgraboyes has drawers in his OVRLND camper as well. Check out his build on here.

dstefan

FWIW, I’m 6’3” and could easily stand on something 6 to 8” high and have plenty head room … popped up.

The problem could be it‘ll be cramped with the top down and climbing in and out, especially with the traditional flip up back window vs barn doors.

I went with a two level platform and a drawer in my back seat instead.

Edit: a few other thinds to consider… depends of course on your use case, but IF you want to make a more built camper inside the Decked setup will likely get in the way. Also, IF you intend to put recovery gear, camping gear, air up/down stuff, chain saw, etc or anything else you’ll need to use on the trail, you’ll have to open the back, and drop the tailgate. PITA on the trail, plus you’ll constantly bring dust into the bed. If you want to seal the tailgate, Decked may get in the way; for sure it will prevent a full Bedrug.

I have two lift up hatches, plus a utility drawer in the rear seat platform, which I use all the time to get stuff in and out without opening the back. Including being able to reach camp chairs, Maxtraxx, and shovel stored vertically against the cab bulkhead. IMO thats a lot more conevient at least for the way I use the truck and camper. YMMV!

Last edited:

antsobrils

Picking up our camper in early January and putting it on 2021 Tacoma TRD 4x4 (currently stock). Does any body have any suggestions for suspension upgrades, thinking of adding a leaf spring to assist some anticipated sag once the camper is packed and built out. Thanks!

MR E30

Picking up our camper in early January and putting it on 2021 Tacoma TRD 4x4 (currently stock). Does any body have any suggestions for suspension upgrades, thinking of adding a leaf spring to assist some anticipated sag once the camper is packed and built out. Thanks!

I have a similar camper on a 2021 TRDOR myself.

Here are a couple questions to help provide a better answer:

What kind of driving do you plan on doing?
How extensive and heavy will your interior build out be?

Fergie

Expedition Leader

I dont care for the ride quality of add-a-leaf springs or helper springs; a quality set of Firestone Airbags and Daystar cradles would be a good option and one you can dial in for whatever load you end up carrying in the camper. If you dont plan on lifting the truck, this would be my personal solution, and what I did on my Tundra prior to installing a lift.

If you plan on lifting it, make sure you account for the added camper weight, and do your best to estimate the extra weight of the gear/build-out so you can get an appropriately rated spring pack.

antsobrils

I have a similar camper on a 2021 TRDOR myself.

Here are a couple questions to help provide a better answer:

What kind of driving do you plan on doing?
How extensive and heavy will your interior build out be?

Thanks! Driving will be mostly highway getting places with some intermittent offroad but not primary offroad. It won't be a huge build out, but looking to put some extruded AL benches on each side and it could be packed down with gear at random times but not consistently.

MR E30

Thanks! Driving will be mostly highway getting places with some intermittent offroad but not primary offroad. It won't be a huge build out, but looking to put some extruded AL benches on each side and it could be packed down with gear at random times but not consistently.

In that case you could definitely go with something mild, like Fergie posted above. A nice set of airbags would probably serve you just fine.

I also agree with him on the add-a-leaf or overload spring. Either go with the airbags or spend a lot on some custom rear leafs.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Curious to see folks wind deflectors. After running into 75-100mph head winds on the interstate for 7 hours I am curious about installing one. I have an extended/king cab so there's limited roof mounted options and it'll be good to see what creative minds have come up with.

Titan had plenty of power to deal with it but mileage was pretty horrible.

Propex worked a treat and was able to maintain comfortable temps inside despite 10 degrees temps outside. I do need to insulate the cnc bent frame and put up a headliner.

IMG_20221110_055733_01.jpg
IMG_20221106_180400300_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven