OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

ShrimpBoots

Just finished a long roadtrip from Salt Lake City through British Columbia, the Yukon, and Alaska! Still cleaning the bugs off the cabover, but the camper was incredible. I have a fairly minimal build out on the inside, really just a bench up against the cab to keep clothes and the ecoflow battery. It was very spacious to hang out in on the few rainy days we had.

I really liked having the Artic Terns in the barndoors. It allowed us to pull a bug free draft with the maxxair fan at night while keeping the midnight sun at bay. It also let us keep the dog in the back nice and cool while we went for hikes or the 16hr ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island.

My only complaint would be I went with the 3in firm "Lux-HQ" from foam factory and it is certainly firm. May have to swap to the HD36-HQ and repurpose my mattress as a cushion/dogbed on the bench.

Attachments

• roadtrip1.jpg
    roadtrip1.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 162
  • interior.png
    interior.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • Yukon.jpg
    Yukon.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 159

montechie

Just finished a long roadtrip from Salt Lake City through British Columbia, the Yukon, and Alaska! Still cleaning the bugs off the cabover, but the camper was incredible. I have a fairly minimal build out on the inside, really just a bench up against the cab to keep clothes and the ecoflow battery. It was very spacious to hang out in on the few rainy days we had.

I really liked having the Artic Terns in the barndoors. It allowed us to pull a bug free draft with the maxxair fan at night while keeping the midnight sun at bay. It also let us keep the dog in the back nice and cool while we went for hikes or the 16hr ferry from Prince Rupert to Vancouver Island.

My only complaint would be I went with the 3in firm "Lux-HQ" from foam factory and it is certainly firm. May have to swap to the HD36-HQ and repurpose my mattress as a cushion/dogbed on the bench.
Besides bugs, I've been a fan of the Terns+fan during our afternoon summer thunderstorms in Montana. They keep the downpours with wind out when things are still hot.

ShrimpBoots

Very nice! Would you kindly show us the Artic Terns in action?
Here are a couple of shots of them. They are pricey, but worth it imo. If you aren't getting side windows they are a great way to circulate air with the top down. The terns have a few positions you can prop them open in, as well as built in bug and blackout screens. They are also double paned for more insulation!

I am shocked how well Jay seals these things and if I try to pop the top with everything closed (if it's raining or buggy) the vacuum created makes it pretty difficult. The terns propped open allow enough airflow to do it without issues.

Attachments

• at_screens.jpg
    at_screens.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 82
  • at_open_interior.jpg
    at_open_interior.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
  • at_open_bugscreen.jpg
    at_open_bugscreen.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 85
  • at_closed.jpg
    at_closed.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 84

montechie

Here are a couple of shots of them. They are pricey, but worth it imo. If you aren't getting side windows they are a great way to circulate air with the top down. The terns have a few positions you can prop them open in, as well as built in bug and blackout screens. They are also double paned for more insulation!

I am shocked how well Jay seals these things and if I try to pop the top with everything closed (if it's raining or buggy) the vacuum created makes it pretty difficult. The terns propped open allow enough airflow to do it without issues.
Haha, yeah I noticed the great seal and vacuum effect with things closed up. After a year of intense weather and pressure washing I only get water in through the tailgate itself, not the OVRLND.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
For folks running a propane heater mounted inside the camper, like a propex, what sort of passthrough valve or fitting do you used to connect to the outside. I've got my propane mounted on my RIGD, and would like to run a hose from the tank to the side of the camper, and then from the inside of the camper to my proper.

Thanks

dstefan

Inside, it connects to a semi-flexible corrugated steel line to the heater. Its pretty simple. Works fine fot the external tank. Easy to connect and robust.

Let me know if you want some pics as installed. Don’t have any on hand and since its 112° out, I’m not going out today for pictures, but happy to in the AM if you want.

Inside, it connects to a semi-flexible corrugated steel line to the heater. Its pretty simple. Works fine fot the external tank. Easy to connect and robust.

Let me know if you want some pics as installed. Don’t have any on hand and since its 112° out, I’m not going out today for pictures, but happy to in the AM if you want.
Hard to think about a heater when it's 112 outside, your realize its hot when it's 100 outside when you go to bed...

Morning,
Trying to come up with some ideas on adding LED strip lighting for the bottom and then for the pop up area. Was looking at Hard Korr liked the idea of TRI color. Anyone have ideas that has worked in your campers?
Thanks
Jeff

Fergie

Expedition Leader

Pics would be fantastic....I'll be searching through the build threads listed at the beginning here to get some ideas too.

Thanks for the link, and yeah, 112* is not ideal....I lived in Glendale for 2.5 years for grad school at Midwestern, and having grown up in Flag, was no acclimated to the heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger