OVRLND CAMPERS ONLY : Post your OVRLND Camper build here or a link to your build thread to inspire others!

I’ve had one in place for 2.5 years and go into the fine UT red dust a lot. It works quite well. You still have to obsessively seal your bed too I think, but the vent keeps out a lot of the fine stuff that filters in no matter what. In my experience a Bedrug really helps too. The vent also keeps the camper interior from heating up when on the road. I just leave mine open all the time. Also works well for nighttime venting with the Max fan on low.

Fergie’s comparison is pretty great evidence IMO.

It’s a Lewmar Marine Hatch vent and I found mine on West Marine; you can see some pics there. Jay put it in at my install, but now he’s making it a option. Pretty easy install though if you want to DIY. The filter and clip to hold it is DIY.

Here’s some pics installed

View attachment 784547
View attachment 784548
View attachment 784549
dstefan: Thanks for the info... I have seen the inside trim ring and clip somewhere.... Where did you get it from? Thanks Jeff

Any thoughts of adding some type of a wind deflector to the front to help scoot the air over the top of the camper and helping with fuel millage?
Thanks
Jeff

DHS

Here’s my build out. i just recently put the Trail Kitchen wheel well cabinets in. I may be selling this in the near future.
Which type of wheel well cabinets did you order? I see they're listed by which van you'd be putting them in.

Antwon412

I added Air Lift bags to my soft Gladiator Rubicon suspension last year and they've been great, eliminated body roll and sag. I like being able to fine tune the ride based on the weight of my current load. Eventually I'll add some aftermarket coils, but plan on keeping the Air Lifts in.

Do you do any moderate to difficult rock crawling or wheeling? I’m getting a canopy camper soon on my Mojave, and I debate airbags in the rear. But I have heard they really limit the suspension travel.

K9LTW

Do you do any moderate to difficult rock crawling or wheeling? I’m getting a canopy camper soon on my Mojave, and I debate airbags in the rear. But I have heard they really limit the suspension travel.
Not positive of the application with a Gladiator, but a quick search says there are Daystar cradles for them, so..in theory...

I have my Power Wagon bagged and cradled using Air Lift 5000 Ultimate (built-in bump stop) bags. Instead of the normal airbag inside the coil, the bag is free with the cradle on the axle. There's virtually no effect on articulation in this manner, other than the resistance from the bag on the lifted side of the axle. When I get into rough stuff, I deflate them to 5psi (as low as the app will let them go using the wireless compressor) with zero worries of bag damage. When I don't need full squish I just reinflate to whatever the conditions warrant.

osukj04

I have an OVRLND on my rubicon. I run 10-15 PSI in my airbags without any issues during mild to moderate off-roading.

montechie

Everyone's idea of difficulty is different, I do mild to moderate rated trails monthly or more in Montana with my unlifted Rubicon JT (4s & 5s on the 10 OnX scale) and a modified LJR. We tend to be similar to Tahoe/Sierras/CO but harder than OR/WA at the same ratings. I'm disconnecting my front sway bar frequently and don't feel limited with the bags at pretty good stuff and no wheel lift where regular 4x4s are lifting (washouts usually). I'm typically running 15-21psi and like the feel on high speed washboard, twisty washouts, as well as in moderate rocks (<16"). Definitely worth the $100ish I paid for Air Lifts.

Antwon412

Everyone's idea of difficulty is different, I do mild to moderate rated trails monthly or more in Montana with my unlifted Rubicon JT (4s & 5s on the 10 OnX scale) and a modified LJR. We tend to be similar to Tahoe/Sierras/CO but harder than OR/WA at the same ratings. I'm disconnecting my front sway bar frequently and don't feel limited with the bags at pretty good stuff and no wheel lift where regular 4x4s are lifting (washouts usually). I'm typically running 15-21psi and like the feel on high speed washboard, twisty washouts, as well as in moderate rocks (<16"). Definitely worth the $100ish I paid for Air Lifts.

Sounds similar to my usage as well. I appreciate the info. I will look around and probably grab a set. I don’t see them for 100 bucks yet, but I may not be looking in the right places.

EDIT. Well, I see them on Amazon for $106 so I have them on the list of things to do before I pick up my canopy camper. Thanks!

Last edited:

K9LTW

Sounds similar to my usage as well. I appreciate the info. I will look around and probably grab a set. I don’t see them for 100 bucks yet, but I may not be looking in the right places.

EDIT. Well, I see them on Amazon for $106 so I have them on the list of things to do before I pick up my canopy camper. Thanks!
Something for you (or anyone looking at this for info) need to keep in mind. If you have a modded suspension, and are shopping for a vehicle-specific kit/application with Air Lift, then it no longer applies and you'll have to research the proper diameter and length of bag you'll need. I had to do that with my Sequoia as the springs were not only longer, but wider in interior diameter. Unfortunately I couldn't find cradles compatible with it, so had to go with the standard inner spring bag.

Oh...and when you're running the air hose, be sure it's long enough to accommodate full droop :rolleyes: 🫣. I "thought" I had enough until disconnecting my rear swaybar and getting into some fun stuff and all of a sudden "PSSSSSSSH!" followed by the non-stop running of my compressor. Whoops.

Antwon412

I have the AEV 2” Mojave lift. But it uses the factory springs and shocks with relocation brackets & spacers. I should be ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven