Past the point of no return...

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
I'll try to put something together this winter when cabin fever sets in and I start longing for some trips again.

You should do just that. A trip report from the Tango perspective would be entertaining and since you've already teased us with a scattering of trip pics in the past adding a good yarn to them would be the right thing to do.

jim65wagon

You should do just that. A trip report from the Tango perspective would be entertaining and since you've already teased us with a scattering of trip pics in the past adding a good yarn to them would be the right thing to do.

besides you've got nothing else better to do all winter anyways.....you being retired and all.....

HumphreyBear

Adventurer
Hey Tango,
Just read through the build - nice work. Good idea on the SAC - makes it more like a "Real" Tacoma now...
I also love the utilitarian nature of the build - when in camp you can always set your camp chairs up under the body if it starts to rain hard, or use it for those (younger) members of the camp who feel like a limbo contest after a few evening beverages. Maybe lower the pressure in the tires to increase the degree of difficulty, tho. :ylsmoke:
(Seriously though, nice work...). Have a great festive season, enjoy the weather - I'm off up the coast to the beach for a week or two. :victory:
Humphrey

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Hey Tango,
Just read through the build - nice work. Good idea on the SAC - makes it more like a "Real" Tacoma now...
I also love the utilitarian nature of the build - when in camp you can always set your camp chairs up under the body if it starts to rain hard, or use it for those (younger) members of the camp who feel like a limbo contest after a few evening beverages. Maybe lower the pressure in the tires to increase the degree of difficulty, tho. :ylsmoke:
(Seriously though, nice work...). Have a great festive season, enjoy the weather - I'm off up the coast to the beach for a week or two. :victory:
Humphrey

Thanks HB. Don't laugh... when it gets really hot out I put my cot underneath the truck - it makes a great veranda to nap under. Now with the disco rock lights... you're only limited by your imagination!

Enjoy the coast - remember - lots of sun screen.

Sempertoy

Explorer
I'm going to bump this up to the front page. A) because I love the truck and B) hope that it will make Tango post recent pictures and write about adventures.

jim65wagon

I'm going to bump this up to the front page. A) because I love the truck and B) hope that it will make Tango post recent pictures and write about adventures.

Agreed. He always tells me my truck can do what his does, but then he never shows us what his does......does it do anything? or is it just an advertisement for the Overland Journal?

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Agreed. He always tells me my truck can do what his does, but then he never shows us what his does......does it do anything? or is it just an advertisement for the Overland Journal?

Don't you have a trailer to work on instead of goading others to get off their axx and post something? ;)

01tundra

Explorer
Finally took the time to read through your build Tango, very nice work!

I was looking at a similar set up when I had the Tundra, was planning on a hybrid 3-link/radius arm set up. I used to hate the radius arm front suspension on my '74 Bronco, but that was an entirely different beast. I've seen a set up very similar to yours hold up to insane amounts of abuse on a 7k+ rig with 500HP and 42" tires (see Off-Road Designs old green Suburban). That's what finally sold me on that style suspension, plus it packages well for that overabundance of space we have available under these Toyotas :D. To do a true 4-link under one requires it to be lifted really high, that's even with notching oil pans, etc....

Anyways great job and a very cool rig :ylsmoke:.

Hate it for you guys.....but you and Box Rocket are now my go-to guys when it comes to messing with my Tacoma......these are strange, mysterious little creatures to me.....I've went full circle, back to being a complete newb in just over 10 years :D!

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Thanks! From you that is indeed high praise - your Tundra build was a never ending source of information and inspiration for my project. I was just the "big blue arrow" - concept guy; IPOR translated concept into reality. You're still the Jedi around here, between your ideas and fab skills...

upcountry

Explorer
So what's the next trip you've got planned for this beast? I think more vacationing families need a topic of conversation when you pass them and they say ****** was that monster truck that went by.........

I'm hoping I can do baja or AZ/New Mexico thjs summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater