Photo Theme of the Week - Wild

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
Not an entry but a favorite snapshot of mine, area is Little Red Rock in Las Vegas NV.

2646370200050172860S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Clark White

Explorer
Ghost of James attacking Kelsey.
DSC_0085A.jpg

Camera: Nikon D40x
Aperture: f/3.8
Shutter speed:30"
ISO: 400
White balance: Auto
Focal length: 20mm
I will admit to cropping and using auto level in Photoshop to lighten the image up. I do not have a remote for my camera, so am limited to 30" exposures. I'm hoping this doesn't disqualify me. Using the auto level here seams to have the same effect as over exposing the film during developing?

Just for comparisons sake, here is the original, completely untouched by Photoshop.
DSC_0085.jpg

Scofco

Observer
Here is one I shot from my snowboarding trip today:

wild.jpg

Here is the EXIF data:

wild2.jpg

Image has been cropped slightly, resized and sharpened a smidge. Otherwise original.

alvarorb

Adventurer
Those are great shots.
All the pictures I managed to take this week were from a press ink control unit. Not very wild.

Alvaro

oldcj5guy

Adventurer
How about a new rule?

Photos must appear in photog threads before the third page.

I don't take them, but like to look.

Photog

Explorer
Who votes on the images, and suggests the best one for the Theme (in this case: Wild)? I looked again; but, I didn't see it in the first post.

Photog

Explorer
oldcj5guy said:
How about a new rule?

Photos must appear in photog threads before the third page.

I don't take them, but like to look.

As we get the rules figured out, most of the posts should have images in them, and discussion of the rules.:rolleyes:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Photog said:
Who votes on the images, and suggests the best one for the Theme (in this case: Wild)? I looked again; but, I didn't see it in the first post.

Other sites I wander through typically have the "winner" from the current theme pick the theme for the next week. They also pick the due date, as having only one week seems to be very limiting to the number of entries received.

Of course, I'm not making any rules here.....just sharing what some other sites are doing.

OFRD_GRL

Adventurer
Keep em comin fellas. Remember this theme goes one more week since it was not posted for a whole week yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333