picked up some NOS Military aluminum storage boxes

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
So , roberto....whats the name of that surplus store ? and will they ship ?
Come on , ...give up the name...:peepwall::jumping::jumping::jumping:

roberto

Adventurer
lol, it is actually a pawn shop outside Ft Bragg, they only had these three though. Called dixie pawn, if there was more I would pick them up and send but they only had three which is what I needed.

Sorry

Rob

overlander

Expedition Leader
lol, it is actually a pawn shop outside Ft Bragg, they only had these three though. Called dixie pawn, if there was more I would pick them up and send but they only had three which is what I needed.

Sorry

Rob

Which store? Lucky me then as I'm NC guard and will be back in Fayetteville vic in Feb. I'd like to stop and check them out.

Did you look at DRMO at all for them?

docdiaz

ouch!!!

you will learn to hate them. while they work we used to call them nuckle busters in the army due to the ltches being very stubborn at times and when they get hot they will cause a suction type effect which makes them a pain in the ***** to open.

NateK

Boy I wish I could find some for $15 I'm glad you posted pics, because I was looking at these just last night but there weren't any decent pics...
If they get more buy all they've got I'm sure you could sell them. ;)

roberto

Adventurer
actually got them at Dixie Pawn on Yadkin RD, I have been to OLD Sarges but all they have is used and $$$

R

Offroader5

Observer
I picked up one of these unused from a local surplus shop I think for $40-$45 at least 4 or 5 years ago. Thing is definitely tough.

At the gun show this weekend and there was a guy selling several different sized ammo cans and he had two of these that he was asking $150 for each. He must be pretty proud of them. :)

rusty_tlc

Explorer
you will learn to hate them. while they work we used to call them nuckle busters in the army due to the ltches being very stubborn at times and when they get hot they will cause a suction type effect which makes them a pain in the ***** to open.
That seal is why I love mine, they go on the roof. They seal so tight not a drop of water or spec of dust gets inside. Great for long dusty trails.
DSCN1456.jpg

I picked up another one last fall for $30 from a private party.

There is a guy in Beatty NV that has a roadside business selling them. He sells them for $70 ea IIRC.This guy has every size and shape of ammo can and war head box you can imagine. If your an ammo can freak like me it's worth it to make the side trip Beatty from Death Valley if your there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design