Pics from our 2007 Trip - Many areas in Colorado

Richie

Adventurer
Absolutely beautiful area. I'm only about 5 hours away from that whole area of Colorado and I haven't explored the area. I intend to this summer.

skitime

Observer
Absolutely beautiful area. I'm only about 5 hours away from that whole area of Colorado and I haven't explored the area. I intend to this summer.

Maybe we can do some trails together this summer. I am 2000 miles away and I go every summer. It takes me 5 hours to even get out of Pennsylvania and 2-3 days to get to Silverton CO. Once you go you will keep coming back.

Funrover

Expedition Leader
Great pictures... I want to do the hike to that house now... I have not yet been there.thanks again for sharing!

jnjtravels

Clear Lake, Co

Hi Skitime,

What a surprise. I love your pictures and travel notes. As I was reading them it was sounding very familiar. It should - thats my samurai with you at clear lake. Judy and I had a great time going there with you for lunch.

We were there last summer also. Son and family and Daughter and family came up for a couple of weeks to visit and run trails. We did make it all the way up Pokeepsie this time although I still dont have lockers. Son has well built tracker with front and rear air lockers and a winch. He went up the wall first and after my 2 or 3 futile attempts he winched me up (simple). We only had to winch in that 1 spot. Our son in law has built a samurai this winter so we will all probably be there this summer to try it out. Join us if you can.

Judy and I are currently in San Blas, Mexico. Its about 130 km north of Puerto Vallarta. Although we had never traveled in Mexico before we decided to try it this winter. We are having a great time exploring this country.

It was good to hear from you. Travel safe and maybe our paths will cross again.

John and Judy Bell

skitime

Observer
Lost Friends

John,:wings:

Wow, this is too cool to hear from you guys again. I never expected to hear from you ever again and it is so great to re-establish contact. You guys inspired me to look closer at my retirement possibilities. I have two more years to go. I remembered your discussions on health insurance. Our Tracker now has front and rear ARBs and front and rear winches. I really wished I could of gone along on the Poughkeepsie trail. It is because of that trail I keep gearing up the Tracker so I can do it safely. Vonnie refuses to go along on it so I need someone to go with me. It is great to hear your son's Tracker did the trail with the equipment I have now. We plan to be in the Silverton area around the second half of June or the first week of July.
I would love to RV into Mexico sometime. I am very jealous. Send me some pics on your Internet satellite system (another envious thing you have) my email is skitime@ptd.net

Here are some more pics I took on our trail ride together.

Picture1096.jpg

Picture1099-P.jpg

Picture1101-P.jpg

Picture1102-P.jpg

Picture1110-P.jpg

Picture1111-P.jpg

Keep in touch,

Dave

Last edited:

skitime

Observer
More pics

People seemed to enjoy these pics so I processed some more.

More shot from Rocky Mountain National Park.

The marmot a familiar site high in the Rockies.
Picture033.jpg

I love photographing the wildflowers found at in high elevations.

Picture052.jpg

Picture338.jpg

Looking down on the valley floor.

Picture066.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Got this shot right at our campsite.

Picture095.jpg

We were able to what this flock of Rocky Mountain Sheep for about 20 minutes.

Picture163.jpg

A native Cutthroat trout

Picture188.jpg

In this lake.

Picture206.jpg

A cow moose that was standing belly deep in a stream.

Picture125.jpg

skitime

Observer
Silverton Area Trail Rides

From going to this area often we have friends we try to meet up with every year. These pics were with our friends. Several are from Illinois and some are from Arizona. Some of this pics are part of the trail rides I had shown in the first posts and some are along new trail rides.

I was always amazed how well this full sized dual cab truck did on these trails even on trials with hairpin turns. He did have to be real careful but he went everywhere we did. He did have a suspension and body lift as well as larger tires but long is long no matter what you do.

Picture980-p.jpg

Picture974.jpg

Picture988.jpg

Picture985.jpg

More trails way down below us.

Picture999.jpg

Picture945-p.jpg

Picture963-p.jpg

More Animus Forks buildings.

Picture937-p.jpg

Picture934.jpg

Picture940.jpg

skitime

Observer
Picture1038.jpg

I REALLY enjoyed those pictures! Thanks so much for posting them up!!

Your welcome and I really love your area too. Been there about 4 times if my memory serves me. Love the Stampede and all point north.

Ok, I will post more.

These are some pics of a trial called Poughkeesie Gultch. I went down from the top to survey the area called the Wall. My goal is to do the complete trail next time I am there. These pics don't do it justice.

Picture896.jpg

Picture901.jpg

Here is a videos of the same area called the wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShVGxXmSFU&feature=PlayList&p=652422157C261BE1&playnext=1&index=16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvPCaqsV1FE

The trail above the wall.

Picture909.jpg

Picture913-p.jpg

Here are some more pics of the first mine I posted. The trail to it is very scary because it is so narrow and steep on loose rock.

Picture848.jpg

Picture859.jpg

Picture858.jpg

Picture865.jpg

Picture866.jpg

Last edited:

skitime

Observer
Graveyards

We love to go to graveyards in the historic areas of the west. There is always something interesting. This graveyard was walking distance from our campsite.

Picture838.jpg

A tunnel is what they called a mine.

Picture839.jpg

Picture840.jpg

Picture841.jpg

Picture842.jpg

Off in the distance is our motorhome. It is the one in the center. What you can't see is the rushing mountain river we are parked beside. The 5th wheel camper to the right is John's who we did a trail ride with and surprisingly replied on this tread.

Picture843-p.jpg

Many great sights along the trails.

Picture868.jpg

Picture869.jpg

Picture871-p.jpg

Picture875-p.jpg

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Wanna be our trailguide when we head out there?? j/k:smiley_drive:

Love those headstones!

skitime

Observer
Wanna be our trailguide when we head out there?? j/k:smiley_drive:

Love those headstones!

We would love to. Our trail guide is Bill who is from Illinois but owns an amazing piece of property in a gultch outside Silverton. He has shown us so much through the years and knows all the history of the area.

Here are some pics from the Tin Cup area of Colorado. We have gone to the area twice but will be going back some more.

Picture776.jpg

Picture759.jpg

We stopped and talked to the Forest Ranger. He invited us inside and we talked for about an hour. He suggested we do the following trail. It was a great little rugged road and we ran out of daylight and had to head back too soon.

Picture782.jpg

Picture795.jpg

Picture787.jpg

Picture785.jpg

We hang a hummingbird feeder on our motorhome window. I probably took a 100 pics of them by now.

Picture741.jpg

These are more from Mount Princeton which is close to Tin Cup by offroad trails but about 100 miles by hardroad.

Picture722.jpg

Picture711.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner