Pics of your Ambulance. Post Up!

patoz

Expedition Leader
I just had to see what was lurking in all those dark areas... :)

20160829_170521.jpg

Click to enlarge!

David, I see the vertical poles for your rear awning fit into 'sockets' in the lower corners of the rear door when they are open. Do you have some way to anchor them to the body when the doors are closed, or do they just have to go on the ground?

Last edited:
A few pictures since I haven't posted anything to this thread in over a year!

cQLDiKW.jpg

S48IJy4.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
I just had to see what was lurking in all those dark areas... :)

View attachment 382636

Click to enlarge!

David, I see the vertical poles for your rear awning fit into 'sockets' in the lower corners of the rear door when they are open. Do you have some way to anchor them to the body when the doors are closed, or do they just have to go on the ground?
Hey, I was trying to hide the mess, Hahaha!

As you noticed, the awning legs fit in the door latches when the doors are opened. When the doors are closed they simply lock in place between the bumper and the body, works fine. Not perfect but I'll come up with a proper solution once get to use it some more and decide of the best option.

Cheers
David

"Another great day ruined by responsibilities"

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Hey, I was trying to hide the mess, Hahaha!

As you noticed, the awning legs fit in the door latches when the doors are opened. When the doors are closed they simply lock in place between the bumper and the body, works fine. Not perfect but I'll come up with a proper solution once get to use it some more and decide of the best option.

Cheers
David

If you had a hole in the bumper with a small piece of bar/rod as a stop it would probably do the job and not get caught on things.

patoz

Expedition Leader
I was thinking of using something like these Bimini Top Stainless Steel Boat Fittings. These are for 7/8" tubing, but they come in several sizes for both round and square tubing. You can buy the pieces individually also.

Instead of using a screw or bolt to mate the two pieces together, you could use a .25" pin for quick connecting and disconnecting. If they're strong enough to hold a top on a boat at 30 or 40 mph, they should hold an awning OK in anything but severe weather.

619zBEb7oAL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Bimini-Stain...484543620&sr=8-4&keywords=bimini+top+fittings

Abitibi

Explorer
Both suggestions are great! I only used the awning twice and was initially just gonna drill a hole in the bumper to house the leg but last time I used it the wind showed up like a drunken sailor in an Irish song and the awning went flying backwards. Luckily there were only damages but it reminded me to secure the awning better next time. Not sure just the bumper holes would do it but they might. Those Biminis are sexy! Lol

Cheers
David

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
I think you might need more than just a whole... hadn't thought about wind. I've got an awning to put back in but it's self supporting so poles aren't a concern.

cjken

Explorer
Thanks Husky. Let's just say I wouldn't hire that painter... And although smaller than most units in the States I don't think it qualifies as a minimod either? Mine is 6'6" wall to wall inside, 5'6" height and about 8-12" longer than a regular EB van. How does it compare to the mini?

Cheers
David

Mine is a mini-mod and the box definitely looks a bit narrower than both of yours.
9ecaa0db3c1c5f923cd4ccef1efbece5.png

It may not suit everyone, but I looked for a narrow box because I wanted to single out the rear wheels.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
What's the standing height in the back? It looks a tad lower than the 5'6"ish than we've got. It also looks like you've got a bit less overhang in the rear. Also Pros & Cons.

Abitibi

Explorer
Mine is a mini-mod and the box definitely looks a bit narrower than both of yours.
9ecaa0db3c1c5f923cd4ccef1efbece5.png

It may not suit everyone, but I looked for a narrow box because I wanted to single out the rear wheels.
Now that I see yours, ours might also be a mini-mod as the width looks almost identical. I much prefer them over the bigger ones!

Cheers
David

cjken

Explorer
I think mine is 5'6 ish inside.
I measured once, but can't remember. The small box fits my limited needs.
Sleeping platform folds up so back can be used transporting things when and if necessary.
Still want to build some roof racks and maybe update front bumper, add air compressor, finish updating exterior and interior lighting to LED.
Front light bar conversion went well. Plenty bright for my needs.
7496d5c2267d25e720ec9d71c886f1d0.jpg

e364b21fdad90726a492857a1913a07a.jpg

cjken

Explorer
I believe it is the Advantedge 4000
I stuck LED light bars in both ends and replaced the clear lenses
3a6dc950d6b5532013a0bbb0152a1c2c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal