The Thule bolted right up to the ARB rack, no problem:

attachment.php

Attachments

• L1060028.JPG
    L1060028.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 1,562

fairweather

Observer
Here's the latest version of the syncro bike/tire carrier, I just couldn't bring myself to drop 650$ or more on a carrier so I made one for less than 100$. Main requirement was that everything swing out of the way in one movement, so far it is working out well.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

avdem

Gone from this:

IMG_7206.jpg

Via this:

sandanetur2.jpg

To this:

IMG_7741.jpg

The car is a 90-synro mTDI, 1.9 engine,saab ic, decoupler, and a camper interior. Got fresh paint this summer.

IMG_7736.jpg

tursandane1.jpg

ernestgj

IMG_5329.jpg

The support off the hitch is connected to the rack with a pin so it can be removed and the tailgate swings open with the bikes on it. This was a trial run before paint. Holds 2 30lb bikes rock solid on anything that I'm willing to drive on

gretzky

I have a couple of ways to haul bikes on the Disco

c3918699.jpg

using a retrofitted fork mount to haul it off the back or

How stable is this for you? I contemplated doing this off the Con Ferr rack on my 80, but I didn't know how well the fork mount would hold it there.

S

Squatchout

Here are a couple of pics that I kinda posed in the sun at a trail head campsite a couple of months ago. Mostly the same Thule rack I bought in '88 for my 1st Trooper. It's been on a few trucks since then.
Picture008Small.jpg

Picture006Small.jpg

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
How stable is this for you? I contemplated doing this off the Con Ferr rack on my 80, but I didn't know how well the fork mount would hold it there.

The mount works as well as the interface attachment to the basket. I rigged one of my Thule fork mounts to the rear of the basket. I use a ski strap to secure the rear wheel to the ladder on my back door. It works well except that to access the back of the truck I have to remove the bike to open the door. I use this setup when I don't want the rear overhang compromised by the receiver mount or am hauling my creek boat in the Trasharoo.

Kind of a late response, just saw your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach