Pics of your Bikes and Rides

jkam

nomadic man
My Strom was a 2004 650, the first year for it.
I paid $5800 out the door for it.
I was in Phoenix at the time and I took it to Al Jesse for him to make me some of his awesome cases.
Since he used my bike as the prototype and had it for about a month, he gave a full set for free.
I had that bike 3 years, put 86,000 miles on it and it was very reliable, chain, sprockets, brake pads.
I abused it on purpose to see how well it could take jkam abuse, it impressed me a lot.
Fueling up in Baja.
BC916278-A193-493C-B033-5491410E18FC_1_105_c.jpeg

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I do like those Tigers. If money was no object I think I'd have a hard time picking between a Tiger and a GS1300...or an Africa Twin. Come to think of it the Moto Guzzi V85 TT's are pretty nice too....
Im not a fan of the big old BMW, the serviceability, and ease of field repair are not great. I looked at Africa Twins for a bit, when they first came out. The dealer said it would be 6 months, and did not want to sell their display. Which I kinda get.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Our upcoming 2023 MotoCamp Adventure Run! Just under 1300 miles, 2 states from 12,500 feet passes to desert sand. Can't wait!

2023 MotoCamp Adventure Run Route

Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
  • Meet at McDonalds in Idaho Springs, Co at 0800
  • Travel south via Guanella Pass to Lake City, Co.
  • Noon, lunch
  • Route will traverse 2 lane paved roads, gravel and dirt
  • Dispersed Camping, dinner on East side of Engineer Pass

Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023
  • 0600 Breakfast, break camp
  • 0800 Engineer Pass to Silverton
  • Silverton to Black Bear Pass into Telluride
  • Noon, lunch
  • Telluride to Imogene Pass into Ouray
  • Dispersed Camping, Dinner.

Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2023
  • 0800 Ophir or Black Bear Pass to Telluride
  • Travel to Slick Rock, Co via 2-lane
  • Noon, lunch
  • Travel from Slick Rock to 3 Steps Hideaway Inn in Utah via gravel, dirt and single track from Colorado to Utah
  • Field camp with showers at 3 Steps Hideaway ($39), Cowboy Dinner ($39)(Drinks on your own), Cowboy Breakfast ($19)

Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023
  • 0800 travel to Moab, Utah
  • Run White Rim Trail
  • Noon, lunch
  • Run second optional Trail (group pick)
  • Tour, drink, eat, hangout in Moab
  • Camping options: Disperse camp, dinner in and around Moab or local hosted camp

Friday, Sept. 8, 2023
  • Say goodbye to Kevin!
  • Head east via Rim Rocker Trail
  • Dispersed camping, dinner

Saturday, Sept. 9, 2023
  • Return to Idaho Springs
  • End of run.

Note: Subject to change. Rider is responsible for all own expenses, motorcycle, insurance, gear, food, gas, etc.

Note: This is a volunteer fun run. Participate at your own risk. By participating you assume all personal risk and liability.

C642340D-9653-442B-BEAD-3A5B638C58B2.jpegECD8ED61-22AC-4854-988F-20A06DB8E9D8.jpeg

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Our upcoming 2023 MotoCamp Adventure Run! Just under 1300 miles, 2 states from 12,500 feet passes to desert sand. Can't wait!

2023 MotoCamp Adventure Run Route

Monday, Sept. 4, 2023
  • Meet at McDonalds in Idaho Springs, Co at 0800
  • Travel south via Guanella Pass to Lake City, Co.
  • Noon, lunch
  • Route will traverse 2 lane paved roads, gravel and dirt
  • Dispersed Camping, dinner on East side of Engineer Pass

Tuesday, Sept. 5, 2023
  • 0800 Engineer Pass to Silverton
  • Silverton to Black Bear Pass into Telluride
  • Noon, lunch
  • Telluride to Imogene Pass into Ouray
  • Dispersed Camping, Dinner.

Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2023
  • 0800 Ophir or Black Bear Pass to Telluride
  • Travel to Slick Rock, Co via 2-lane
  • Noon, lunch
  • Travel from Slick Rock to 3 Steps Hideaway Inn in Utah via gravel, dirt and single track from Colorado to Utah
  • Field camp with showers at 3 Steps Hideaway ($39), Cowboy Dinner ($39)(Drinks on your own), Cowboy Breakfast ($19)

Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023
  • 0800 travel to Moab, Utah
  • Run White Rim Trail
  • Noon, lunch
  • Run second optional Trail (group pick)
  • Tour, drink, eat, hangout in Moab
  • Camping options: Disperse camp, dinner in and around Moab or local hosted camp

Friday, Sept. 8, 2023
  • Say goodbye to Kevin!
  • Head east via Rim Rocker Trail
  • Dispersed camping, dinner

Saturday, Sept. 9, 2023
  • Return to Idaho Springs
  • End of run.

Note: Subject to change. Rider is responsible for all own expenses, motorcycle, insurance, gear, food, gas, etc.

Note: This is a volunteer fun run. Participate at your own risk. By participating you assume all liability.

View attachment 789407View attachment 789408
Looks like the makings of an awesome trip. Enjoy!

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Looks like a great ride! Where did you go?
What luggage did you run?
It was a great ride! My little 300 was hanging with much bigger bikes and the only hard days were the first and last where I had to ride over 200 miles of highway to get to the start and to get home. The group consisted of a 1200GSA, F800GS, Tiger, 1190, 990, T700, 690, R100GSPD
Here is a snapshot of where we went or you can look closer here

The luggage was a mix of stuff that allowed me to bring everything I could possibly want. To be honest it felt weightless despite the largeness. I tried multiple setups before settling on this config.

MoskoMoto Backcountry 25/35 side bags on Outback Motortek racks - The bags held up really well and are easy to put on and take off.

Wolfman custom made top duffel -He made it to my spec and I love it.

Wolfman Enduro Pocket in place of a tank bag - Great for stashing my phone or strapping my gloves to the tank.

GiantLoop ZigZag bar bag.

Two sets of RokStraps for the top duffel. One large set and one small set so I can secure the load and also easily strap my jacket or whatever to it with out the load moving.

I used (destroyed) a large Outdoor Research dry bag for my jacket to keep it from getting so dusty. I should have used a more heavy duty dry bag for this.

I think the dry bag got snagged on some of the overgrown sections.

More pics of the trip here

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
It was a great ride! My little 300 was hanging with much bigger bikes and the only hard days were the first and last where I had to ride over 200 miles of highway to get to the start and to get home. The group consisted of a 1200GSA, F800GS, Tiger, 1190, 990, T700, 690, R100GSPD
Here is a snapshot of where we went or you can look closer here

The luggage was a mix of stuff that allowed me to bring everything I could possibly want. To be honest it felt weightless despite the largeness. I tried multiple setups before settling on this config.

MoskoMoto Backcountry 25/35 side bags on Outback Motortek racks - The bags held up really well and are easy to put on and take off.

Wolfman custom made top duffel -He made it to my spec and I love it.

Wolfman Enduro Pocket in place of a tank bag - Great for stashing my phone or strapping my gloves to the tank.

GiantLoop ZigZag bar bag.

Two sets of RokStraps for the top duffel. One large set and one small set so I can secure the load and also easily strap my jacket or whatever to it with out the load moving.

I used (destroyed) a large Outdoor Research dry bag for my jacket to keep it from getting so dusty. I should have used a more heavy duty dry bag for this.

I think the dry bag got snagged on some of the overgrown sections.

More pics of the trip here
Looks like a fun route! Thanks for sharing the link to the pics.

JamesReddish

Looks like a fun bike! If you want, you can always add another bike to the stable for the overland type stuff, haha

It never fails to put a smile on my face.

I've just bought some more casual riding gear so I can use it more/easier than with the 1 piece suit every time.

I'd love to add another bike to the stable (when money allows) Something that allows me to take my partner out and cover some more distance - although this opens up a huge spectrum! Cruiser/adventure bike/scooter even!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl