izaicinajums.com
Somewhere in Death Valley
hkyn6gy.jpg

Heading down the Lippincott Road, Death Valley
rXaM5UY.jpg

Scarab0088

'75 Pathfinder Quadravan
Hello to the Forum

Newbie here, working on my dream Ex-Van...Here are a couple photos from the day I found her...

A '76 Pathfinder Quadravan w/ 4BBL 351 V8.

n_a.jpg

n_a1.jpg

If anyone recognizes her (the paint was rather memorable) it was always a SoCal Q-Van as far as I can find.

I will open a new Thread to document the build to date.
Found on Craigslist, being sold by a young Marine leaving Camp Pendleton for college.

Because of substantial rust around the gutter rail, she has had a total body swap with a '75 SWB E-100 (15" removed from the frame).
So now she is shorter for better clearance off-road AND is now SMOG exempt.

Thanks for the hours of material I have found while lurking.

Safe travels

350outrage

Adventurer
New Bumper for Vanzilla/Plan B

Made a new bumper over the Holidays. Stock bumper looked nice, but design of these E series leaves NO place for tow strap or other recovery point in the front. This always tempts well meaning rescuers to attach to the steering linkage (Nooooo......). Also the stock bumper had the structural strength of a beer can . . .I.e. Zero. So out came the torch, my little Lincon Tombstone, an old piece, of C-Purlin, about 50 grinding wheels, 2 cans of rustoleum, blood, sweat, tears, and voila! One functional, if slightly redneck, bumper. BTW, I now understand why those custom made bumpers are so expensive !

Attachments

• DSCF0418.jpg
    DSCF0418.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0416.jpg
    DSCF0416.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 52

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Wet day here in NC, had a few extra minutes before going somewhere so I headed up to the clouds in V5.

10897057_904332052919357_3167513291897975057_n.jpg

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Made a new bumper over the Holidays. Stock bumper looked nice, but design of these E series leaves NO place for tow strap or other recovery point in the front. This always tempts well meaning rescuers to attach to the steering linkage (Nooooo......). Also the stock bumper had the structural strength of a beer can . . .I.e. Zero. So out came the torch, my little Lincon Tombstone, an old piece, of C-Purlin, about 50 grinding wheels, 2 cans of rustoleum, blood, sweat, tears, and voila! One functional, if slightly redneck, bumper. BTW, I now understand why those custom made bumpers are so expensive !

Came out nice. simple and sturdy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online