Pics of your VAN! Post up!

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Got any more pics/info on that bumper? I was going to stack boxes on a hitch and have a dirtbike behind them, but I never thought to just make it shorter and extend out. I could park the bike on top. I'm trying to figure a way to open the back doors easily.

The bumper was custom-made for me by a talented neighbor. Only thing similar commercially made is by Aluminess - but it does not allow the back doors to open completely.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
Ever have a problem with it hitting anything coming down a hill/rock? I'd probably have it come out twice as much.

Deep washes/arroyos are a problem. The receiver hitch and bumper both will drag. But the bumper is hell-for-stout and the underneath is smooth so the front wheels can generally pull the van across. I have had to knock down the sides of some washes to keep the rear wheels from hanging in the air. So if you have it twice as long you'll have about a 6 foot overhang that would really limit what you could cross.

86scotty

Cynic
Benandmj, nice VW! Also, always good to see some close neighbors here. I'm up near Knoxville. Coming to Bugapaluza in Chattanooga?

Tyrant 66

Adventurer
317b8a710d5c5d4cbf662553589bea38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues