Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Saline

Adventurer
Here's my latest on my home build. It's not a Sportsmobile. I still have a lot of interior and systems work to finish. It's a 2003 7.3L.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1266.jpg
    IMG_1266.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

brushogger

Explorer
I love seeing these pics of the high roofs! We're sure digging ours. They don't seem to get as many oohs and ahhs as the penthouse roofs, but it's sure nice to be able to walk back and stand up at any time!

ohpyramids

Adventurer
9dfc2a8834c2f71ed9eddecde937e2fe.jpg

My buddy @illking chasing the desert sun

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
1994 Chevrolet G30 Turtle Top Lifted 2WD Wheel Chair Bear Proof Van...

056.jpg151.jpg108.jpg129.jpg253.jpg229.jpg312.jpg320.jpg
Truly one of a kind, was part of a correctional facility fleet, interior in the back is all caged in with wire mesh. Conjures images of bears and zombies clawing at the glass. I installed 2" lift springs, shocks, 265 Cooper AT3 tires, this van is huge, like 6'4" inside and makes a lot of shade. Has 81K miles, a late model wheelchair lift, floor brackets for more seat and tie down brackets for moto toys, would make an awesome motovan, adventure/camper van etc. I really wanted to build the interior on this van but new a house comes first, just posted it on ebay... cant keep them all right...

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
1994 Chevrolet G30 Turtle Top Lifted 2WD Wheel Chair Bear Proof Van...

403.jpg
I was asked how big this van is, here it is nose to nose with my 99 1 ton 4WD wood truck with torsion bars cranked 2" in front and 265 BFGs. The van wins...

Lucky j

Explorer
I actually think that the bear should be inside and you, out side when camping! ;) nice van.

That would be a lot of work to get someone out in case of a roll over. Wow.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
I actually think that the bear should be inside and you, out side when camping! ;) nice van.

That would be a lot of work to get someone out in case of a roll over. Wow.

Funny, I was going to remove all the cage work but decide it was a great psychological deterrent to thieves. The guy that has his KTM or mountain bike locked up in a rig like this is probably not a good choice to steal from. I also like that you could attach all kinds of stuff anywhere you want, rifle or fishing pole holders or what have you. My wife thinks that for women it creates great security sleeping in the back woods. I appreciate the enormous amount of work involved installing it, our tax dollars hard at it I guess...

Lucky j

Explorer
Funny, I was going to remove all the cage work but decide it was a great psychological deterrent to thieves. The guy that has his KTM or mountain bike locked up in a rig like this is probably not a good choice to steal from. I also like that you could attach all kinds of stuff anywhere you want, rifle or fishing pole holders or what have you. My wife thinks that for women it creates great security sleeping in the back woods. I appreciate the enormous amount of work involved installing it, our tax dollars hard at it I guess...

Well, I do think that some vehicule are built for a purpose. It might be a deterent for sure, but even if you would drive an armored truck, if you get it stuck, you will have to get out of it to get it unstuck. I would at least make a door in the front grill to get quick acces to the driving compartiment, cause they could take you for a ride like it or not. Lol

But if you like it, then keep it as is. But all mod have a negative side to it. If you like it, please do not mkae any modification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater