Pics of your VAN! Post up!

bdog1

Adventurer
na2yze8u.jpg

Quiet little spot in the Florida panhandle this" busy" holiday weekend.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

89s rule

Adventurer
Brought it home today:

1995 E350 EB 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel 328K miles reman trans, no rust, some damage from being a work van.
Build to begin as soon as I work out a few bugs.

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
The "Ice Box" Stealth Camper

We bought an old some what beat up 1998 E150 Ford Club Wagon. I installed a new cargo mat, bench seats, and 2 folding platform beds. It had only 85k on the clock! We put 12,000 on it in 15 months of van camping. It's so plain and unnoticeable, that I can pull in anywhere and camp for the night. People have spent more for a roof top tent than I spent on this rig. It's solid.

I did not like how it drove with the stock shocks and cheap tires, so I installed KYB gas adjusts, Michelin LTX tires, and installed the Ford E350 steering damper that I read about on this forum and a few others. It now drives like a mini van-not that mini vans drive great. I can drive around corners without it swaying back and forth like a boat.

The braking was horrible too. I installed new OEM front calipers, heavy duty brake pads, rear shoes and drums, and bled the entire system. It stops like a new van.

This is my interim van until I find a decent diesel or or 1996 inline 6 cylinder extended van.

This is how the van looked when I went for the initial viewing. It was parked next to a brand new E350 van that replaced this "little guy". It has a lot of dents and dings. The sliding cargo door sort of works. We have to open from the passenger side. I have fixed it twice.

8646233601_b737e728a1_c.jpg

The night before we left for our 3 week camping trip, some construction workers offered to make a platform bed for $50 (labor). These guys were quick. They picked out the lumber and built it in less than 2 hours. They wanted gas money. I replaced the platform bed this summer for a lightweight folding bed that can easily be removed.

8647338036_0e84aa8c3a_z.jpg

This is our rig with all the gear. My wife, son, and myself sleep in the rear platform bed. The eldest slept on the front bench seat.

8646259401_de080200d2_z.jpg

To keep the van cool at night, we had to sleep with the front windows open. We used this huge mosquito netting to keep the bugs out.

8646306181_657fa1a0f9_z.jpg

Free camping near the river at John Day Fossil Beds, Oregon.

8646392015_a8dce21e08_z.jpg

Here is the new platform bed installed in the front. It really works great as long as we keep the junk off the platform My wife always loaded the platform with all kinds of junk and it took forever deploy the bed. Without junk, it takes about 2 minutes to deploy the bed and another 5 minutes to inflate the air mattresses and spread the sleeping bags. We turn the van to a theater at night and watch movies with surround sound.

8646392015_a8dce21e08_z.jpg

This is the rear platform bed that my buddy Dan helped me build. I used door hinges mounted to 1/2" plywood. We made the legs by ripping 2x4s. The legs are attached to table leg hinges. It's a slick set up. The junk that you see are for repair and getting the van ready to roll. It looks much neater when we are on the road camping.

We hung out that his lodge for 2 days and camped nearby. Vans make inexpensive hotels.

10808580236_88d2d8a476_z.jpg

Arfur's World

Observer
Arfur's World

Here's my van, that I built earlier this year to follow the whole Tour de France, some more to go on the to do list but currently in storage while I'm overseas :(
DSCF4309 (1024x768).jpg

coolfeet

Mark Keeler
1998 Ford Stealth Camper Van

This is my 1998 Ford Club Wagon Stealth Camper. Looks like the thousands of other white window vans out there. It's nothing special except I can sleep 4 people in total comfort. This includes all of our gear neatly stowed under the folding platform bed.

stealthcampervan.jpg

Here is the front platform bed that rests on the rear bench seat.

campingbed3.JPG

Here is the front platform bed before I installed it.

foldedcampingvanbed.JPG

Here is the bed folded. The legs are attached to folding hinges. It stows away neatly when not in use. It is built with a 4 way fold. I can fold it to the side of the van or to the front. We like it folded to the side because it makes the van feel larger.

campingbed4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal