Pics of your VAN! Post up!

mouse007

Explorer
na2yze8u.jpg

Quiet little spot in the Florida panhandle this" busy" holiday weekend.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Man that looks bad ***, I live in Florida can you tell me how to get there.....?

bdog1

Adventurer
Somewhere off 98 before Caravelle. Not sure your supposed to be "on" the beach...you know. Not a soul either direction.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Cyclist1

I've posted up a pic of my van in another thread, sorry for the repeat. Figured why not post up here considering this is the picture thread. Here's my 2012 Express AWD 8 passenger, stock:
unyvu4ab.jpg

Here's how it sits now with Rough Country torsion key lift, 17 inch Ion wheels, ******** Cepek Fun Country tires (265/70/17):
2agaha5u.jpg

My interior in stock with the exception of a Kenwood GPS/DVD/XM radio. I have removed one of my bench seats to get extra room. I do plan on converting the interior to a very basic camper. Simple sofa/bed and some basic storage.

Accrete

Explorer
Nice looking AWD Cyclist1. I'm wondering how much lift your torsion keys added to your stock height? I recently installed a Boulder Off Road 2" lift kit dialed in actually to 2.5". I'm running stock tire size at 245/70/r17 (link in this thread showing rig w/mod). Others might want to know details of your torsion lift as the fellow that installed the BOR lift in my AWD stated that it was the same as what he'd installed on dozens of chevy 4x4's (i.e. the parts were basically stock torsion keys).

cheers,
Thom

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Nice looking AWD Cyclist1. I'm wondering how much lift your torsion keys added to your stock height? I recently installed a Boulder Off Road 2" lift kit dialed in actually to 2.5". I'm running stock tire size at 245/70/r17 (link in this thread showing rig w/mod). Others might want to know details of your torsion lift as the fellow that installed the BOR lift in my AWD stated that it was the same as what he'd installed on dozens of chevy 4x4's (i.e. the parts were basically stock torsion keys).

cheers,
Thom

Thom,
Following cyclist' lead I also installed the rough country kit.
I detailed my experience in the AWD thread here http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/47398-Chevy-AWD/page13

Since this one is a picture thread here is my van as of today

Untitled by boardrider247, on Flickr

NitroRoo

Here is our 97 Mazda MPV. Pretty fun to have a 4x4 van!

Picking up some Christmas trees in the mountains a couple weeks ago:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cyclist1

cheers,
Thom

Hi Thom, thanks for the compliment.
I actually did not measure how much lift I gained. I should've measured before and after. I went with the Rough Country lift as a recommendation from Clydesdale 4x4 in Kamloops, BC. As an alternative to the Boulder Offroad kit. Clydesdale 4x4 did the research for me in order to make sure it will fit. Only difference with the kit as it comes vs how I received it is the rear lift block. The kit comes with a 2 inch lift block, whereas the van requires a 1 inch. Clydesdale swapped out the block before they shipped it to me. The Rough Country torsion lift is actually listed for the 2006 Chev Silverado. That's probably why your mechanic said he's done a bunch of these types of kits before. Quite common. I didn't install the lift myself, I had a local mechanic do it for me.
I highly recommend Clydesdale 4x4 for any info needed or parts/service. Give them a call or check them out online. They do 4x4 conversions on our vans aswell as ford vans. Their customer service has been absolutely great!

89s rule

Adventurer
I have been looking for months. I passed on the exact same model and year because I wanted a window van. So last night at 9 PM, I called on a 2003 Power Stroke with 180k on the clock and reman tranny for $3700. It was only 3 miles from my home. I should have drove there last night to view it and buy it. It was sold the next morning. It's a waiting game. I will find one and have the windows installed.

If they are close you almost have to drop everythign and go look. You will find one. I have been collecting parts. Did find a parts van which will be great for the budget. I found a couple with windows, but when I really thought abotu it I wanted to put windows where I wanted them, more work yes, but not that difficult. Plus the build is a majority of the fun...at least thats what I tell myself and my wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal