Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

Bugspray

Adventurer
I need to stop looking at this thread.....my beautiful, kindhearted, sweet, sweet wife will not let me buy a motorcycle.....Its probably for the better but looking at these cool rigs I just get the urge to bust a huge wheelie!!

I need to stop looking at this thread.....my beautiful, kindhearted, sweet, sweet wife will not let me buy a motorcycle.....Its probably for the better but looking at these cool rigs I just get the urge to bust a huge wheelie!!

I've got my 650L for sale. Could ride it up to yah when it warms up.:)

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Very cool. Did you make that tank yourself?

Back in Germany, a friend of mine and myself constructed two of those tanks. Unfortunately that was 13 years ago (pre-digital age...) therefore there are not too many pictures available.
We both owned the same type of bikes and planed to travel across Africa. But at different times. Back then, our bikes were fairly new to the market and people couldn't believe that we would do that to our bikes :ylsmoke:
Anyhow, by the time I left for my trip, my bike was 3 years old and already had 100.000km on the clock:bike_rider: About 4000km into my trip, in Mauretania, my bike crapped out on me in the middle of the Sahara desert... Bummer! Brought he bike to Dakar. Visited the start of the Dakar-Dakar Rally and after 3 months I booked a flight home.
Anyhow, that bike was amazing! Too bad they are not sold in North America.

After our trips, we sold those tanks and I'm proud to say that they are both traveling the world!

Cheers,
africa_0006.jpg

africa_0004.jpg

dwalt

401299209_XU9sw-M.jpg

401300804_ELhtB-M.jpg

414829422_dJauV-M.jpg

401302610_bGmfX-M.jpg

Petrolburner

Explorer
Here's my new bike, have only ridden it about 100 miles so far, lots of fun though! Bought it with 12k miles for $1200! Bought a pipe and dial a jet kit for it so far.

19776_608076558253_71201345_35751434_2675628_n.jpg

1993 KLX 650c

19776_608076428513_71201345_35751431_2984418_n.jpg

flux

Observer
This is a great thread. I just sold my Tiger last night and picking up my new-to-me 640 Adventure this morning.

Nice to see guys riding these bikes the way they were MEANT to be ridden!

flux

Observer
Well, got the 2002 640 Adventure today and it's the crappiest weather imaginable once again down here in the Great Wet South. Haven't gotten to go for a ride just yet but here's a lousy iphone pic at any rate!

Hi!
photo-3.jpg

Next to the Kaw-powered 48" Exmark walk behind...
photo-5.jpg

This is the 3rd LC4-powered machine I have owned... first was a 2002 LC4E and after that an '03 625 SXC. Looking forward to putting this thing through the paces.

mcgovski

Adventurer
what bar risers are those? is there a steering stabilizer?
how many miles are on the 640?
sorry for all the question...I am a fan and owner of the 640 adventure

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 55

flux

Observer
what bar risers are those? is there a steering stabilizer?
how many miles are on the 640?
sorry for all the question...I am a fan and owner of the 640 adventure

You know, I am not sure what risers they are. A few people have seen them and called them Rally Risers but not sure what that means. I personally like the Rox Risers that allow just about infinite adjustment of the bars.

No stabilizer on this one, although I had them on both my previous LC4's. Colin over at Stenhouse Racing makes a really nice setup and knows his KTMs. I might put one on in the future, but not in the budget right now.

I bought this beauty with 8500 miles on it. I can't think of a single thing it needs. Came with a bunch of stuff not even mounted on the bike... Touratech luggage rack extension, TT headlight guard, skid plate, brand new set of tires, suitcase racks, loud airhorn (always wanted one of these!), speed bleeders on the forks, the bar risers, a better looking recovered seat, a better looking high fender, probably some other stuff I am forgetting.

Can't wait for the weather to break for her maiden voyage tomorrow. Supposed to FINALLY have a nice sunny day here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater